Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Questioner of Authority
880 Posts
I don't care what people call things as long as it translates.
On a side note, if I get a new guy I call things all sorts of different names and get him to start calling them by the false names to annoy the next guy he works with.
The problem starts with coming up with funny names and remembering them, then changing them for the next new guy.

·
Thumper
714 Posts
Indeed, because you can either cap off with a blank or plug cords into a wall receptacle or a counter receptacle.

But you can not plug into a plug, that would be plug on plug action.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a side note, if I get a new guy I call things all sorts of different names and get him to start calling them by the false names to annoy the next guy he works with.
The problem starts with coming up with funny names and remembering them, then changing them for the next new guy.
That's actually funny but just as long as everyone knows the real word.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Thumper
714 Posts
You know, I was going troll you and say you may be able to bend more conduit using the trig method if you weren't using working memory to hold funny words...

but then I thought about it and it actually sounds like a pretty good method to teach them to question authority, a priceless lesson. And since that's one of your core values, I like it. Carry on! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know, I was going troll you and say you may be able to bend more conduit using the trig method if you weren't using working memory to hold funny words...

but then I thought about it and it actually sounds like a pretty good method to teach them to question authority, a priceless lesson. And since that's one of your core values, I like it. Carry on! :thumbsup:
"It puts the lotion in the basket." I know. I'm a dee eye see cay.

·
Thumper
714 Posts
Well the terminology is interesting, since luminaires do qualify as "outlets"...?
I don't have the white book so somebody else may chime in later.

Its always fascinated me how luminaires are only listed for specific testing conditions nowadays and often contain a disclaimer against splicing while chandelier and DIY lamp kits are still sold to this day where entire assemblies are field assembled using lamp cord or fixture wire.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.