Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy leaves a message on my phone says he needs some work done and he got my card from someone.

Cool, I call him back a few hours later on Thursday and he said he needs his panel moved about 17'.

I asked him how old the panel was. He responded by saying he was looking for a price on possibly updating that also.

I say okay, the earliest I can get there is 3 on Saturday. How does that work for you?

He says he doesn't know what he is doing Saturday, making it sound like he wasn't interested in me coming by.

I suggest maybe there's a better day. He tells me to call him when I'm free on Saturday. In my head I'm thinking, hey, I just told you when I was free.

Anyway I call him at 3 and he doesn't answer. I leave a message. Figure the guy is busy.

Hour later I walk to the pool with my fam and leave the phone at home. It's Saturday.

Get home around 6 to a handful of missed calls and three messages from this guy. Each message was progressively more irritating until the final where he said this was no way to run a business and if I wanted his job I better call him back soon or he is going to call someone else.

After that I was PO'd. I called him back immediately. He answered the phone and asked me how it was going. I said good until I got your rude messages.

I told him to find someone else.

Makes me worry a little for a bad knock on the internet from this turd. But mostly wanted to blow off some steam. Some people.

·
Registered
Arsholeprentice
7,487 Posts
This is one thing where the internet sucks....Rude a** ungrateful degenerates get to give us a bad rep. for their stupidity.....

He is probably on Porch.com as we speak.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Guy leaves a message on my phone says he needs some work done and he got my card from someone.

Cool, I call him back a few hours later on Thursday and he said he needs his panel moved about 17'.

I asked him how old the panel was. He responded by saying he was looking for a price on possibly updating that also.

I say okay, the earliest I can get there is 3 on Saturday. How does that work for you?

He says he doesn't know what he is doing Saturday, making it sound like he wasn't interested in me coming by.

I suggest maybe there's a better day. He tells me to call him when I'm free on Saturday. In my head I'm thinking, hey, I just told you when I was free.

Anyway I call him at 3 and he doesn't answer. I leave a message. Figure the guy is busy.

Hour later I walk to the pool with my fam and leave the phone at home. It's Saturday.

Get home around 6 to a handful of missed calls and three messages from this guy. Each message was progressively more irritating until the final where he said this was no way to run a business and if I wanted his job I better call him back soon or he is going to call someone else.

After that I was PO'd. I called him back immediately. He answered the phone and asked me how it was going. I said good until I got your rude messages.

I told him to find someone else.

Makes me worry a little for a bad knock on the internet from this turd. But mostly wanted to blow off some steam. Some people.
I can certainly understand your frustration and here's the hard part... taking the time to cool down and realize this guy may have had a bad day and was taking it out on you.

Any customer gained is a good thing and to keep a customer is even better. Again, I don't fault you for your reaction - been there, done that.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can certainly understand your frustration and here's the hard part... taking the time to cool down and realize this guy may have had a bad day and was taking it out on you.

Any customer gained is a good thing and to keep a customer is even better. Again, I don't fault you for your reaction - been there, done that.
I thought that too. But I just do not want to work for people that think they're doing me a favor by letting me work on their chit. :no:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I thought that too. But I just do not want to work for people that think they're doing me a favor by letting me work on their chit. :no:
Yes they are usually the ones who think we sit in the HD parking lot drinking coffee and waiting for their call.

Or they are two faced and are "fake" nice in the beginning and a total PIA to deal with once the work starts.

Like 99 said send him gift wrapped to the competition.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
I have gotten a couple like that recently. One called me one day prior to him setting a new condensor unit at a school and wanted to know if I could come out the next day and wire it. This was last Tue. I told him I was booked until the end of the week. He called me the next day to see if I was able to make it out to the job.:eek:

It got wired yesterday.:whistling2:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have what I call an a**hole fee. When I come across a customer like this, the price goes up. I feel like I should get extra compensation for the stress they create. If they're really bad I tell them it will be 3 - 4 weeks before I can get to them. Chances are this guy won't be happy with you, no matter what you do. Make it worth your time or don't do his project.

·
Can't Remember
11,044 Posts
I went to look at something last weekend referred to me. Drove out there on a Sunday with the family on the way to the zoo. Made a day trip out of it. Old pool that was refurbished. 1960's old. All UF and a mess. New pump. Trying to figure out how to keep it simple and compliant. She asks how much, I said x and she said her husband said it should only cost y (1/2). Then proceeds to tell me I must be making huge money to which I replied it was business and the expenses etc. Tells me those are all write offs. Like that helps. Thought about this and the can of worms it was. Left a message saying I was too busy.

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
I gotta call @ 2a.m. last night.....

"Hello, this is chicken electric, you either have a bona fide electrical emergency at this hour, or are nummer than a CUnexttuesay full 'o novocaine ...."

they hung up....

~CS~

·
Can't Remember
11,044 Posts
What little advertising I do, I don't advertise 24hr service. My property managers get it and they are really good about paying, so when I get the call its usually easy dollars. They are happy, I'm happy. Can understand the randow late night calls though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.