Electrician Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys that are making custom excel spreadsheets when bidding, with columns for description, quantity, unit price, unit total, labor unit, labor extension, etc. are you adding another set of columns with the actuals for labor and material ?

Looking for a good way to track this using the template I already have.

·
Rest In Peace
6,298 Posts
Any of you guys that are making custom excel spreadsheets when bidding, with columns for description, quantity, unit price, unit total, labor unit, labor extension, etc. are you adding another set of columns with the actuals for labor and material ?

Looking for a good way to track this using the template I already have.
it can be done. I have some samples I messed with on my computer, but they are done with OpenOffice.

·
Registered
12,167 Posts
Seems like a lot of work to enter bills into a spreadsheet for job costing and then again into an accounting system.

I used Quickbooks for my accounting system, and it's real easy to assign a job to the invoice and get a pretty good accounting of your costs. Now, it won't tell you if you counted your wire nuts wrong or the number of receptacles. But if you are trying to get to that level of job costing, you might need better customers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts