Electrician Talk banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Scada Supervisor
2,189 Posts
How much would it cost for you to have a dumpster at the shop...even a small one?

Provided you have the space, etc...
Where I'm at its 300 a year for the dumpster then by weight when they dump it. $350 or so thats for a 10 yarder. But that was for construction debris roof shingles and such

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

How much would it cost for you to have a dumpster at the shop...even a small one?

Provided you have the space, etc...
I do not have the space. Possibly, I could cough up the money and buy 1 or 2 additional trash cans from the city, but if I ever move out of the garage, I'll have a couple of extra trash cans I'll never use.
I Doubt the city would buy them back either, even I sold them for dirt cheap.

The dumpster in your post looks great, just no where to put it. And $350 - $400 a month for dumpster services is way high! I don't even pay that much a month for my truck.

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
I do not have the space. Possibly, I could cough up the money and buy 1 or 2 additional trash cans from the city, but if I ever move out of the garage, I'll have a couple of extra trash cans I'll never use.
I Doubt the city would buy them back either, even I sold them for dirt cheap.

The dumpster in your post looks great, just no where to put it. And $350 - $400 a month for dumpster services is way high! I don't even pay that much a month for my truck.
I understand.

Is there a larger GC / business you are friendly with?

Many years ago, the EC I worked with was friendly with an industrial business that would let us dump cardboard, bx, etc in their dumpster. In the year or so I worked for that EC, we only did 1 small job at that other business.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A large dumpster like the one pictured is expensive to be picked up weekly. We discovered if we order it as if it was for construction debris or something and have it put at our shop there is no ongoing charge, they just charge whenever we call to empty it. So we cram it full and every so often call for pickup, and recycle all cardboard, etc. which is curbside and free. I guess it depends on what your company charges for various service but this angle was cheapest for us.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Birken Vogt said:
We discovered if we order it as if it was for construction debris or something and have it put at our shop there is no ongoing charge, they just charge whenever we call to empty it. So we cram it full and every so often call for pickup,

They caught on to this tactic around here. Now it is a charge for the dumpster if it is picked up within a week. Then, they hit you with a daily charge ($3.00-$4.00) for every day after the first week.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts