Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking my journeymans test in a few weeks and wondering what it would allow me to do exactly. Currently work for a large contractor but I am always getting calls to do work on the weekends outside of my company. I haven't done so because I am not licensed but I eventually want to go to work for my self. Could I do this simply by becoming a journeyman and getting an LLC or do I need even more?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Taking my journeymans test in a few weeks and wondering what it would allow me to do exactly. Currently work for a large contractor but I am always getting calls to do work on the weekends outside of my company. I haven't done so because I am not licensed but I eventually want to go to work for my self. Could I do this simply by becoming a journeyman and getting an LLC or do I need even more?
That depends on your states rules and regulations for electricians and electrical contracting.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts

You can find that information here..

http://www.lslbc.louisiana.gov/faq.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts