Electrician Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working a job as a contractor in a house that is being re constructed from the bottom up. In the mechanical room there is a gas hot water heater that is sitting directly under a large gray plastic junction box 12"x12"x12" approx. the kind you have to cut you own access holes per circuit.
I'm questioning the location of that junction box as being to code and came here to ask for some professional opinions.. The box hangs down from the ceiling and is NOT buried inside it with just a cover showing. The distance between the HWH and the box is approx 16 to 18 inches.
Any facts and opinions appreciated

Ira Auerbach
Lido Home Improvement inc.
email: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
There is no requirement for any clearance between a water heater and a junction box.
Might I suggest you contact your plumber and electrician for further assistance.

Reactions: moses251

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
Thanks for posting on ElectricianTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ElectricianTalk.com is designed for electrical industry professionals to discuss issues and topics related to the electrical trades and related industries. Many of our professionals are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

This doesn't exactly apply, so I'll say see my previous post or go to www.contractortalk.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.