Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of applying for Canadian residencey and was looking to no if anyone knows how I would go about transferring my IRE/UK electrical license to a Canadian journeyman one, what assessments/exams I would have to sit and approximate costs.

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
Im in the process of applying for Canadian residencey and was looking to no if anyone knows how I would go about transferring my IRE/UK electrical license to a Canadian journeyman one, what assessments/exams I would have to sit and approximate costs.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Welcome to the forum enjoy the fun....:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would figure out what province you want to go to and then look up the ministry of colleges and training for that province and go from there. With Canada's great rules about not letting qualified people work you may have to do the apprenticeship portion over again.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You have checked the weather in Canada...right?
I bet ya overall that many states down there have winter weather the same or similar to some places in Canada. I live on Vancouver Island and we can ride most of the year here. It's downright balmy some days in Jan.Feb and Mar. We don't all live in igloos eh? Anyways the cold makes for more hardy people.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
crosport said:
I bet ya overall that many states down there have winter weather the same or similar to some places in Canada. I live on Vancouver Island and we can ride most of the year here. It's downright balmy some days in Jan.Feb and Mar. We don't all live in igloos eh? Anyways the cold makes for more hardy people.
Here in northern Minnesota the winters are a lot like Northwestern Ontario, eh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts