Electrician Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just joined. :thumbup: A little tidbit of info: been doing this a long time and still don't know everything about electricity. I continue to find out out that no matter how much I've learned, there's so much more for me to learn. I worked with a company for 15 years. Got laid off. Watching the company vechile drive down my road was like watching the past 15 years of my life roll down the highway. :( Have not being able to find a job:mad:, so with family and friends behind me, I will be taking the North Carolina limited exam in Asheville next month:eek:, and I feel that I may have bit off more than I can chew. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,614 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You must be depressed, your looking real blue today.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome! I'm a new guy also.
From my experiences with testing you are better off not thinking about it and just go take the test to get a feel for what you know and do not know.

I was in a similar situation as yourself but saw it coming 3 years before it actually happened. I always thought I wasn't good enough to get a license and by that I mean book smart because I was always more of the hands on type.

The hard part is after you get your license, learning to be a business man and how to get more work. Go sign up for the test and take it you have nothing to loose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts