Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Power distribution and controls
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a buddy that is in a wheel chair that I fixed something like this up so he could drive his hog. Only I had places for his tires to be locked in (with micro switches) so his chair had to be locked in place before it would start. When we took it to the Iowa Department of transportation
they approved it except they wanted a seat belt for his chair. Another buddy helped extend the handle bars. It is a weird looking contraption head on.

·
Registered
I am 100 % retired now. Enjoying life :)
2,146 Posts
I have a buddy that is in a wheel chair that I fixed something like this up so he could drive his hog. Only I had places for his tires to be locked in (with micro switches) so his chair had to be locked in place before it would start. When we took it to the Iowa Department of transportation
they approved it except they wanted a seat belt for his chair. Another buddy helped extend the handle bars. It is a weird looking contraption head on.
The photo I posted is from a company that makes wheel chair attachments for motorcyclist. I just thought it could also double as a work rig for a small time contractor / handyman who insist on riding a bike to work. It is nice that they make stuff for people who have disabilities and still want to enjoy the freedom of ridding. (y)

·
Super Moderator
Elechicken!
3,977 Posts
The photo I posted is from a company that makes wheel chair attachments for motorcyclist. I just thought it could also double as a work rig for a small time contractor / handyman who insist on riding a bike to work. It is nice that they make stuff for people who have disabilities and still want to enjoy the freedom of ridding. (y)
Could you imagine the look on a homeowners face if an electrician they hired showed up on that, loaded with ladders and tools... It would be fantastic! lol

·
Bilge Rat
motors and controls.........
8,843 Posts
There are a pretty fair number of buildings around here that are more than 1/2 mile long. Most of them use a 3 wheeled tricycle with a basket between the 2 rear wheels for toting stuff around. Usually you can borrow one, it sure helps getting around in a huge building.

I've also seen electric golf carts too.

·
Registered
C-10 Electrical Contractor
350 Posts
Considering Californias war on internal combustion engines & the whole homeless issue that may be how we roll 🤣

·
Registered
Residential, lite comm., Industrial
1,005 Posts
I Sure would like to see a pic of that !!!

you said extend the handlebars ... as in: over in front of the wheelchair platform ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts