Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys keep a portfolio of products to show the customer ex.. Ucab lighting, landscape lighting, siding adapters ,etc.... I like the idea, but I am afraid that the customers might ask how much the product cost. I like installing the products I am familiar with. That is the main reason why I would like to make one up..

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have seen on some commercial and industrial electrical sites, they have a portfolio of work and will sometimes give a price of the project without too much being fleshed out. The way I see it, the price is to gauge what type of project size you are experienced with.

If you are doing b2b work or subing under an architect, interior designer, etc... it would be a bonus. Before and afters would be a definite plus.

I started taking pictures of everything now for my website. Never turn down an opportunity with my smart phone.

Don't sweat being asked price. If you frame it correctly, you didn't hang a pair of high hats you made their residence more livable.

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
If it's a referral I'll do whatever the customer asks of me, including connecting some extension cords to a recessed light to show them the brightness and/ or finished look. I'd suggest trying different things to make sales until you find what works best. Don't be afraid to try something new and never be afraid to fail.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Why not give approximate price ranges and use your price as the lower price and raise it from there? That is is your price is a good starting point.

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts
" Price's starting from".............

That is how it is properly done. Leave the door open for whatever rears it's head up..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.