Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
When was a kid, my parents had a retail version of this. It was essentially a plastic unit with a cover - the power cord supplied two sockets in the lid and the base had a metal bar along each side with soles that the wieners were stuck on, one end on each bar. When the lid was closed and cord plugged in, the wieners were across the 120v line.

Worked pretty well except it was a unitasker.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Poor hot dogs, they get abused in so many different ways. :eek: :laughing:

Years back, BG&E (local poco) came to our fire station for a safety drill pulling a little demonstration trailer. I can't remember the voltage but they blew up a hot dog to smithereens. He also popped one of their fuses to show us how loud they are.

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,042 Posts
...I can say from experience, don't do it with 4160 and a frozen chicken.
I just like the thought process that must've led to this.

"Well. Here we are. It's Wednesday morning. We've got a distribution transformer. And there's some chicken in the freezer. Let's combine the two."

·
fertilizer distrubuter
1,250 Posts
I do this with apprentices all the time ( minus the leds ).

I can say from experience, don't do it with 4160 and a frozen chicken.
News 5 at 5: Today a man was admitted to the hospital with a chicken bone lodged in his left testicle. His only comment was "We sure was having fun blowing things up with lectric. Next thing you know BAM you got a chicken bone in ya."
Authorities are transporting the man to the nearest eugenics facility for disposal.

Remember if it happens here you'll hear it on news 5.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Somewhere out there is a safety video for high voltage gloves that show the effects of a pin hole in your glove, hot dogs are put in the fingers pricked with a needle and energized. They definitely plump when you cook them

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.