Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer that has an existing 800a circuit breaker feeding a printing press. They are adding a new press, which will also be supplied by a 800a circuit breaker. They want to be able to make sure when they are running one press the other press can not be operated. The engineer suggested kirk keying the breakers, but could not give me a resource. Please any help? or any suggestions?
:(

·
Town Drunk
3,725 Posts
I have a customer that has an existing 800a circuit breaker feeding a printing press. They are adding a new press, which will also be supplied by a 800a circuit breaker. They want to be able to make sure when they are running one press the other press can not be operated. The engineer suggested kirk keying the breakers, but could not give me a resource. Please any help? or any suggestions?
:(
http://www.kirkkey.com/index.html

You will have to look around their site for specifics.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
A double throw switch is another possible option. The Kirk system would probably be cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.