Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
NJ-IEC
14,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what else can you think of that might be needed for a kitchen remodeling project? I do a lot of sub work for a kitchen design/ install contractor and I'm putting together a spreadsheet for itemized flat rate pricing. Hopefully it'll also help track materials needed for the return trip to finish. I had to do something because my truck looks like a bomb loaded with devices blew up in it! Thanks.

Attachments

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
So what else can you think of that might be needed for a kitchen remodeling project? I do a lot of sub work for a kitchen design/ install contractor and I'm putting together a spreadsheet for itemized flat rate pricing. Hopefully it'll also help track materials needed for the return trip to finish. I had to do something because my truck looks like a bomb loaded with devices blew up in it! Thanks.
Call a professional to deal with this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Magnettica said:
i have a question? do you normally GFP the dishwasher by breaker or by an accessible receptacle?..

·
Retired Account
39,697 Posts
The big one is panel room in reno's

It's either that, or a sub. There's also the distance involved

We did a kitch reno over 100' from the main panel

a sub under it paid for the copper saved

~CS~

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
Yeah, I would also add 1)service change 2)panel change 3) adding a sub panel.
Other than that, I think spec has this down like white on rice.

over cabinet lighting
in cabinet lighting
air switch for disposal
ice maker
hot water dispenser
gas cooktop
electric cooktop
induction cooktop
dual fuel range
downdraft (direct or remote blower)
island receptacles
pendant lighting
Dang buddy, now we know who knocks out the real jobs around here...you know what they say - You cant hide money! :laughing:

·
128 Posts
When it comes to the UC lighting I make it mandatory for the home owner to specify there selection during rough. I notice you are specifying lengths of fixtures for UC lts in assumably Florescent or xenon type format, but more and more lately all the higher end kitchens I've been doing the HOs are always going with led tape lighting, which requires a different setup and and wiring, which has led to a few incidents during trim out that "the wiring wasn't installed correctly" and the usual BS.

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
Make sure that ALL of the 20 amp dedicated receptacles are, in fact 20 amp rated. Don't place disposals or dishwashers on them either.

·
332 Posts
I have an app called electricians list. It's a material app, and it has shaved hours off of many jobs, and saved many trips to the supply house. You can build your list of materials needed on the trim out when you get done with the rough in. You can directly export the list in email, PDF, or text message to the counter guys at the supply house. That is the best part about it. No more arguing with the supply house about missed items, or incorrect quantities, it's all in the text. Ain't nothing better than knowing you are right, and the supply house is having to drive 25 miles to bring you those 2" locknuts that they mistakenly gave you the 1-1/2" instead. Oh, and it's a FREE app. I've had it for a couple years, and would be lost without it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.