Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just wondering if it is worth it to buy the klein rolling tool bag. I no its alot for a bag but is it worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
Cool Kid
633 Posts
I have the Husky 14" rollie bag and absolutely love it. However I do drool over the Klein one, only by virtue of its enormous wheels. Why other manufacturers don't put bigger wheels on their bags in beyond me, considering half the job sites we go to are surrounded by dirt or sand. Still, for a place to dump my heavier tools, drill, sawzie, wrenches, etc, and then stack my hand tools bag on top, the Husky one works perfect.

But still ... those honkin' big wheels on the Klein ...

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I am just wondering if it is worth it to buy the klein rolling tool bag. I no its alot for a bag but is it worth the money.

The Husky equivalent is better in my opinion.
If I were working commercial for a company again, I would go back to a dolly with a klien tool box. The dolly is ideal for negotiating stairs. And you can stack your lunch box etc on the flat surface.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the husky bag but as you said the klein bag has those nice wheels which is why i was looking at it. Its a 150$ while the husky is like what 80$ for the 70$ would you go klein?

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I like the husky bag but as you said the klein bag has those nice wheels which is why i was looking at it. Its a 150$ while the husky is like what 80$ for the 70$ would you go klein?

Those wheels from klein are bigger but plastic. If you are working commercial they will break. Plus going up the stairs which are not yet carpet finished, will be tragic. Air (pneumatic) tires are the way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i take the train and i have to walk a few blocks. I have the klein bookbag but i also have the m18 4 piece set so the bag cant hold all that and to cart to bags is alot. So im debating weather the klein bag is the way to go over the husky

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Well i take the train and i have to walk a few blocks. I have the klein bookbag but i also have the m18 4 piece set so the bag cant hold all that and to cart to bags is alot. So im debating weather the klein bag is the way to go over the husky

The train will be an ordeal to stage your gear. But you can post up next to the bike peeps. If you are working commercial I again recommend the dolly approach. If I had to choose between the husky and klein (due to you're circumstances) I would go Klein. Oh yeah, another advantage of the klein tool box is that you can cut emt on it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thatss a great plus do to the fact i cut my emt of my knee

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Thatss a great plus do to the fact i cut my emt of my knee

Remember you are going to bring a lunch box, auxiliary bag, etc. You can use bungy cords to strap down cargo to dolly and not look bag when you are charging to and fro. The Klein bag may benefit you on a single story job in which you may eat out every day. But forget stacking anything against the plastic handles of the roller bag. They will eventually break.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yesss i get what your saying i have a dolly already at home somewhere so ima give that a try this week and see whats going on. Thank you guys for the help really appreciate it

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I store my toolbags in a riser or our shed and just walk around with my belt and a bucket of task specific tools, if your bags too heavy to carry up 10 stories get 2 smaller ones.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
I store my toolbags in a riser or our shed and just walk around with my belt and a bucket of task specific tools, if your bags too heavy to carry up 10 stories get 2 smaller ones.
This reminds me of The Honeymooners, when Ralph and Ed have to move a chest of drawers that's heavy, so they pull the drawers out and pile them on top of the chest to move it...

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
This reminds me of The Honeymooners, when Ralph and Ed have to move a chest of drawers that's heavy, so they pull the drawers out and pile them on top of the chest to move it...
You would organise them that you probally didnt need both at the same time...

·
Registered
51 Posts

I love My Klein. The husky is bigger you can def put more tools, but for somebody that has to stick with basic and few things more it's ok. Very flexible, the wheels are better.u can organize ur hand tools but like having ur canvas zipper bags they take some space.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
View attachment 36785

I love My Klein. The husky is bigger you can def put more tools, but for somebody that has to stick with basic and few things more it's ok. Very flexible, the wheels are better.u can organize ur hand tools but like having ur canvas zipper bags they take some space.
I like the wheels of the klein, but what is disappointing to me is the storage pockets. Lineman's will not fit in with the zipper shut.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts