Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 month ago I bought klein cable cutter J 63050, just used a few times, got a little chip on the blade, I complained about it, they replaced it for me for free.
then last week I used it cutter 25mm2 copper wire, the blade got a few chips.
I complained again, they promise to replace again, also klein USA want a sample of the wire that I cut, I sent a sample to them.

it's a normal copper wire that is popularly used in new zealand, 25mm2, just little solid.
my foreman used his cutter ( "hero", a Japanese brand, very cheap) to cut the same wire, nothing happened.

anyone can give me some ideas?

Attachments

·
Yeah Toast!!
1,270 Posts
I have a pair of them and they also chipped real fast. For now the only thing I use them for is to ring the insulation of larger conductors.

·
Coffee drinking member
13,472 Posts
I have the 63060 cutters and they have worked fine the last 5 years. I just don't beat them by cutting quickly.

·
Banned
1,073 Posts
I've had those for about 10 years, the blades still look pretty good. A little deformed, but not chipped.

They say that they are for wire up to 2/0. I find it hard to cut wire that thick and break out the ratcheting cutters to cut 1/0 or thicker.

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
DIYer4Life said:
I've had those for about 10 years, the blades still look pretty good. A little deformed, but not chipped. They say that they are for wire up to 2/0. I find it hard to cut wire that thick and break out the ratcheting cutters to cut 1/0 or thicker.
That because Klein used to be a good product.

These days their new stuff is crap

·
Homer to Jebus
790 Posts
Had a pair of Klein loppers. Dumped them for Channellock loppers. I've used the Kleins for up to #1 and they chipped. Switched to Channellock and no problems so far.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
HawkShock said:
Is "loppers" an Iowa word? I use the same vocabulary. Makes me giggle to see it in writing, however.
Haha I don't know I just always called em that. Makes sense to me

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
I have the Milwaukee m 12 cable cutter.

That thing kicks ass

·
Registered
317 Posts
I have the Milwaukee m 12 cable cutter.

That thing kicks ass
Until an apprentice go cut a triplex with it!:censored:
It happened once with my ex ratchet cuter, guy don't ask pemission, take my tool and ruined it!:furious: I made him pay me a brand new pair.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts