Electrician Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so everyone knows that klein came out last year and said that they've improved the steel on their phillips and robertsons (again)... does anyone here have them? (where do ya buy em)

I was looking for them at home depot/suppliers and the ones they have seem exactly like the ones that I had before I switched to wera.

·
Premium Member
20,088 Posts
My problem with Klown drivers is at the other end. The (+), (-), etc. wears off and you have a bag full of black handled drivers that are difficult to identify. The tips, never had a problem.
I remember when they didn't have those marks.
I keep my 4" #2 in the same loop on my pouch so, it doesn't really matter to me if they are marked.
My 6" beater looks like a beater, my 11in 1 is the cleanest and that's all I really ever carry.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
It's not about the colour, I just gave up trying to look good after getting married... let myself go.

Here's my toes back when I used to get dolled up!

The following is a list of basic guidelines about what is and is not allowed while posting on our site. These rules are in addition to what is listed in our Terms Of Service , and Advertising Rules. Please read through all of these sections before using our site and contact us if you have questions..

• Users shall treat each other with respect at all times on ElectricianTalk.com. Name calling, personal attacks, threats or other inappropriate behavior will not be allowed and may cause you account to be banned.
  • As stated in our Advertising Rules, you may not post advertisements on our site unless your a local electrical contractor displaying your business info. Members who try to sell products and/or services to electrical contractors will have their accounts revoked.
  • No ****ographic material, links to ****ographic material, or any form of nudity may be posted on this site. In addition to nudity, all forms of sexual content (images, jokes, etc...) are prohibited from being posted on this site as well.
  • Profanity, in any language. is not allowed nor are profane words disguised with asterisks or internet acronyms
  • You may only post material and content that you own. Posting copyrighted material, trademarks, and other violations of the DMCA is prohibited..
  • User shall refrain from posting religious threads.
  • Racist remarks will not be allowed.
  • Signature lines of other members posts may also be subject to removal. If there are legitimate complaints from members on a specific signature it will also be removed.
  • Avatars may also be subject to removal. Let's keep it clean.
  • The decisions of the Moderators and Administrators are final and members who openly challenge administrative decisions are subject to suspension or banning. Discussing any action taken by the Moderator/Administrative team in any of public forums is not allowed. Publicly discussing banned/suspended members is also not allowed. Please feel free to contact a Moderator or Administrator via PM with any concerns.
  • The Moderators or Administration may remove, move or edit posts and threads that don't conform to community standards without notice, and to suspend the privileges of any participant who refuses to comply.
  • Posting threads with descriptive and/or images of your work may be subject to some criticism. This does not open the door for you to start an attack. Argue your point and accept that you may not like the responses you may get or don't show your work.
  • When an individual, who is not part of the electrical industry, starts a thread please report the post and do not respond. Allow the moderators to politely close the thread and direct them to the DIY Chatroom. If you have questions about a post or thread then report that also. No need to scare people away.
These rules may be altered at anytime without notice so please check this page often. Thanks.

:laughing::laughing::(:sick::sick:

·
Registered
146 Posts
I put phase tape on the top of the shaft of the screwdriver right before the handle to indicate what it is when the top wears off. I put Red tape for my #2, Green for my #1, Black for #3 and Blue for Phillips. I guess you can put white for flat if you want but i basically stick to those and it works for me. I dont use a pouch so that might not workout for you pouch guys but for a bag, it works great

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I always use some different color paints on the tops of the drivers. Even the paint wears off after awhile.....just touch it up and get the hell back to work.

Seriously......if picking up the wrong screwdriver once in a while is the worst thing you have to deal with during your day......I wan't your job.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I swtiched away from Klein cushion grip screwdrivers after they changed the grips and the tips, went to Jman Series for blade and phillips, went to Greenlee from Robertsons. The tips would heave to improve greatly for me to switch back. they completely wrecked that line

·
Estwing magic
27,536 Posts
I always use some different color paints on the tops of the drivers. Even the paint wears off after awhile.....just touch it up and get the hell back to work.

Seriously......if picking up the wrong screwdriver once in a while is the worst thing you have to deal with during your day......I wan't your job.:rolleyes:
Okay, you can have my job. How soon can you get your sorry a$$ to Perky Nipples?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.