Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched and can't find much info on them being used as tool totes, so i figured I would ask the sparkies here.

I have a friend who runs a line crew for the local power company, he recently got a new truck, tools, bags... everything! He offered to give me 6 oval buckets (some have pockets some dont), and some other stuff his crew was just going to toss. The catch is that its a 3 hour round trip to pick all this stuff up.

Do they make decent tool bags? I'm getting really tired of lugging my half full wap throwaways everywhere.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the the hard-body aerial bucket and I love it. It has enough pockets on the inside and outside to keep my drivers and pliers up and ready, and enough space inside for the bigger tools, too. I like the organization and not having to dig around for what I'm looking for. The sides and bottom are rigid and don't slouch over at all.
I don't have any experience with the soft-side buckets but I would imagine they would still be handy to keep tools in especially if you do a lot of bucket work.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I used the round canvas bucket when working aloft. Climb the pole and pull up the bucket with a handline. It held all my needed material, cordless drill and extra tools that I didn't carry in my pouch. Had a snap hook that would snap over the strand. Very handy in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.