Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,070 Posts
Great price for what your getting there
Just looked it up online. In store only. $ 56.99 ( at least in Wpg)
The 9NE and tester are worth that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up 6 sets at 49.99 @ piece. I made the mistake of sending I'll my work buddies a mass text, now I have to play delivery man(for a small fee of course).

·
Banned
16,967 Posts
I'd buy one, except I already have 5 pliers, 12 or more strippers, too many screwdrivers to count, 3 ***** and 4 or 5 NCV's. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Not a bad price to pay for future Christmas presents. Guys are hard to buy for, and electrician or not, everyone can use that stuff.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
It's junk, I bought one of those combo packs from HD like 8 months ago or something and the ***** chipped first time using them.. it's a lower grade of metal than their professional line.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,070 Posts
It's junk, I bought one of those combo packs from HD like 8 months ago or something and the ***** chipped first time using them.. it's a lower grade of metal than their professional line.
The red diagonals are not rated for hardened metal.
If you cut nails and screws, blue handles

·
PPE Saves Fingers
291 Posts
I've chipped non special buy linesmen cutting copper wire. They're not like they used to be. I've got an older pair that's got the cross hatch on the jaws worn down and still cuts like a champ.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Gee, I dunno. Copper wire, maybe? :rolleyes:
I use these for cutting small cables:

And I use these for cutting big cables:

Othewise I use my wire strippers.

I use my ***** as a hammer, for cutting screws and nails and for prying out old staples and boxes. I rarely use them to cut copper or aluminum conductors... I just don't see the point.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts