Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard TONS of hype about knipex. Right now for all my handtools I have the journeyman version of all the klein handtools, and I was wondering what about knipex is better. What makes the linesmans better? and what makes their side cutters (*****) better? What about needlenose? I need someone to explain Knipex advantages to me :laughing:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I bought Knipex Linesmans and ***** about 2 years ago and will never go back to Klein

·
Registered
826 Posts
The only gripe I had with the knipex side cutters(***** for Americans) , was that the tip is very round and not as pointed as the kleins. That made it a little sloppy when cutting BX etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Estwing magic
25,671 Posts
You should search this site for tips on breaking in your Kleins. You can boil them in oil, bury them in sand, drive over them with your truck or throw hand grenades at them. Or you can just buy Knipex and you're good to go.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
it is a higher grade steel
The Knipex are softer steel tgan Kleins. The cutting edge of mine have taken a beating cutting aluminum mc, larger copper (up to #3) and clipping 1 screw. I used to use my Kleins for clipping screws or recessed can bracket bars and still have to because my Knipex cant take the abuse. I dont know that i would buy them again, but we'll see.

As far as break in is concerned, i used to grab every pair of Kleins and check to see if they were loose and checked the gap on the jaws. If they werent loose, i kept checking until i found a pair that was. If the jaw gap was too wide, same thing. My Knipex, on the other hand, were good amd loose from the package and the jaws were good and tight.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I have heard TONS of hype about knipex. Right now for all my handtools I have the journeyman version of all the klein handtools, and I was wondering what about knipex is better. What makes the linesmans better? and what makes their side cutters (*****) better? What about needlenose? I need someone to explain Knipex advantages to me :laughing:
A good, focused, dependable, professional, intelligent, experienced worker with whatever you might consider to be the "least" set of tools and accessories, beats the heck out of anyone with whatever someone considers the "best" pouch, wrench, sidecutter, nut driver, screwdriver, cordless tool, battery style, whatever.

·
Registered
6,188 Posts
A good, focused, dependable, professional, intelligent, experienced worker with whatever you might consider to be the "least" set of tools and accessories, beats the heck out of anyone with whatever someone considers the "best" pouch, wrench, sidecutter, nut driver, screwdriver, cordless tool, battery style, whatever.
Why are quality tools and quality workers mutually exclusive? Why cant you get both? Do they not allow that in the IBEW?

:laughing:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts