Electrician Talk banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Lugs TC2J6500
3/0 to 500 MCM COPPER ONLY, 2 holes.

For some bizarre reason 300 is common around here. I hate it. I don’t carry lugs for it or any of the other odd sizes but we do cover Flex and coarse strand. We don’t cover DLO either…just not much call for it.

Easy to get around the Cu only. Ilsco makes all kinds of crimped pigtail or pin adapters.

3/0 to 500 MCM COPPER ONLY, 2 holes.

For some bizarre reason 300 is common around here. I hate it. I don’t carry lugs for it or any of the other odd sizes but we do cover Flex and coarse strand. We don’t cover DLO either…just not much call for it.

Easy to get around the Cu only. Ilsco makes all kinds of crimped pigtail or pin adapters.
I sometimes get confused in the conversations here because what is common to some parts of the country is not available or uncommon here and visa versa. Our utility company has there own quirky rules and NY State is far behind with the NEC. Licensing is a joke. Inspections are a joke. Contracting is a joke.

As you mentioned, parallel 350mcm is fine, 4" conduit x 2. Forget about the lugs on the OEM 600A brkr, most overcurrent devices of that size are buss-in-buss-out, that is, the field wiring does not directly connect to the breaker. The breaker is mechanically built into the generators electrical circuit with copper buss. The manufacturer will have provided dual-lugs at their load connection compartment. Kohler knows parallel runs are typical for ampacities of this size.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.