Electrician Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a kohler 20 resa install with a RXT 100 amp transfer switch/load center. While doing the initial settings on the generator control board i hit auto to clear a setting and the generator tried to start. I'm in nyc where the utility delivers 208 volts and i realized that @ 240 volts the transfer switch was detecting an outage. I changed the vr voltage on the generator to 210 but its still trying to start. Can anyone with experience with these tell me what else,i believe on the transfer switch i have to do to get my utility and gen voltages to match. I called my local authorized dealer who i have installed for in the past and he wants $550 for a start up fee. I'd hate to have to pay that because i'm missing something simple. Obviously this is the first time i tried to start it on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
I just finished a kohler 20 resa install with a RXT 100 amp transfer switch/load center. While doing the initial settings on the generator control board i hit auto to clear a setting and the generator tried to start. I'm in nyc where the utility delivers 208 volts and i realized that @ 240 volts the transfer switch was detecting an outage. I changed the vr voltage on the generator to 210 but its still trying to start. Can anyone with experience with these tell me what else,i believe on the transfer switch i have to do to get my utility and gen voltages to match. I called my local authorized dealer who i have installed for in the past and he wants $550 for a start up fee. I'd hate to have to pay that because i'm missing something simple. Obviously this is the first time i tried to start it on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Do you have the manual?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.