Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone using for digital distance meters? Fluke?

·
Banned
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,456 Posts

Reactions: The_Modifier

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Fluke here. I scored a deal on a fluke temp gun, laser measure and clamp meter for $200. I couldn't say no. I just used it to confirm deck height in a warehouse last week. Works good.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I use the bosch as well.
Its perfect when you are in a hot attic and want to take some distances down.

·
Administrator
Retired EC
23,666 Posts
Is that a direct order? Or else? Maybe I knew that. Maybe I was joking too
Just helpful suggestions. I only edited the negative comment- no biggie-- if it were a reg. thing you would have gotten a pm with yet another helpful suggestion;)

Okay back to the thread

I am curious why you need a meter to measure the distance-- is this common-- I have never had a need for one- perhaps commercially I would

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Dennis Alwon said:
Just helpful suggestions. I only edited the negative comment- no biggie-- if it were a reg. thing you would have gotten a pm with yet another helpful suggestion;) Okay back to the thread I am curious why you need a meter to measure the distance-- is this common-- I have never had a need for one- perhaps commercially I would
Laser distance is ideal for working in big open areas with no nearby walls. You can run a conduit in the middle of a building and take measurements accurate to a 1/16th off a wall 100' away. I could see resi guys using it to lay out ceilings in large areas too

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
I use it to do quick measurements for estimates and for measuring feeders and for things like pot light layout.. Do a quick measurement and then do the math on spacing.

I just hate tape measures.

·
Freelance Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just helpful suggestions. I only edited the negative comment- no biggie-- if it were a reg. thing you would have gotten a pm with yet another helpful suggestion;)

Okay back to the thread

I am curious why you need a meter to measure the distance-- is this common-- I have never had a need for one- perhaps commercially I would
Im looking to accelerate my estimating and layout processes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Most of the time I use mine in steel buildings where I need to set lighting boxes and run conduit in the middle of two trusses usually 25' apart. Or when I'm hanging fixtures from a sloped roof and want them all the same height off the floor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Been looking at ordering one for quick measuring up walls to ceilings in plants. We put in a lot of drops for machines and they always have a different measurement to top of machine

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts