Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got some ideas for storing eight and ten foot ladders off the floor of the enclosed trailer. Ideally not using ladder rack or punching some holes in the side?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Out of curiosity is the weight in that trailer evenly spread out from side to side? Is there any concern while driving about that thing rolling?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes normally both sides are full to the gills just cleaning it out since the trencher is at the shop today. It's time to reorganize

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They make a ladder hanging system that uses strut as the track.
You hook the front of the ladder then slide it in, then lift and hook the back.
Americanvan.com sold them in the past.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
First, rebuild those shelves to make better use of the space available. :thumbsup:

Then, put your extension ladder and tall step ladders on top of the top shelf.

The 6 or 8 footers can sit on the floor. They are pretty easy to move to get into the space behind the. I want to access my main ladders without climbing into the truck/trailer.

Build a raised floor and store them underneath.
Then you lose your head room, unless you are 5' 3"

·
Registered
31,178 Posts
First, rebuild those shelves to make better use of the space available. :thumbsup:

Then, put your extension ladder and tall step ladders on top of the top shelf.

The 6 or 8 footers can sit on the floor. They are pretty easy to move to get into the space behind the. I want to access my main ladders without climbing into the truck/trailer.

Then you lose your head room, unless you are 5' 3"
Mr Organized, very nice set up:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Does it stay that way?

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Does it stay that way?
Absolutely.

I set up 3 of them like this 6 years ago and they look pretty much the same today.

They are generally full of garbage and debris at the end of the day but since there is a place for everything, it's only a 10 minute job to clean up in the mornings.

·
Can't Remember
10,138 Posts
I have a jet rack set up in the box that uses the strut. Looking to hang a six footer off the ceiling of my sprinter. Haven't had time to build it yet.

·
Can't Remember
10,138 Posts
I may offset it to one side or the other above the shelves so I'm not losing too much headroom. Have to figure out how to attach the unistrut to the metal framing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts