• No

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • What's a laser level?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,543 Posts
laser levels, rotating lasers, builders levels, transits, theodolites, line lasers, plumb lasers, they all have their uses. used em all at one time or another. I like the little line lasers the best though, for electrical work, for lining up rows of cans (200 bucks or so for a self levelling one, easily worth it)

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
The only thing that limits what you can do with laser lines is your own lack of imagination. I have dewalt laser boxes and a hilti red dot box and even though I work in an industrial environment I use all of them almost daily. Totally worth the investment

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I have a PLS vertical/horizontal rotating laser as well as a Fatmax laser plumb bob.

The rotating works great for putting a line across the ceiling for laying out fixtures end to end, can lights, etc or for running pipe perfectly straight without having to measure off the wall constantly.

I bought the rotating laser specifically for a huge warehouse with a ton of conduit in the ceiling. It paid for itself on that job.

·
Premium Member
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,794 Posts
I use a line laser and plumb bob all the time. I haven't used a laser level in a very long time.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Any good ones under $100? Laser level...
This is the best bang for your buck. I use one nearly everyday in a fluorescent lit building.

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DW087K-Horizontal-Vertical-Self-Leveling/dp/B000BK32EA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390445037&sr=8-1&keywords=dewalt+chalk+line+laser

Home Depot also has a refurbished cst/berger which is just as good except it doesn't have the built in magnet.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/CST-Berger-Reconditioned-Cross-Line-Laser-Level-58-ILM-XT-RT/203429307

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.