Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have a decent luck with a particular brand? It seems every job I'm at between 1-5 don't work out of the box. I really like the 2700K output, but the second they heat up a few start flashing. It happens with both Lutron Diva or Ariadni, it makes no difference. Installed 15 and 3 of them suck.
So does anybody have reliable inserts with 2700K?

I've had the best luck with these, but I'm still not happy.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_599032-59179-DLS02-06A27D1E-WH-F2_4294566030+4294795062__?productId=50213665&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=Integrated LED

·
Super Moderator
21,929 Posts
I have not had an issue with the Halo ones

·
Flex Bits & Blindfolds
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried a R30 LED lamp and keep you trim?
Try a GE LED12DBR30/830, they look like a stand R30 and are dimmable.
Look HERE
I totally agree, I like the bulb/baffle look better.

I give my customers three options with cans:
(From cheapest to more expensive)
halogen/baffles
LED inserts
Led bulb/baffles

The almost never choose the LED bulb option.

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
Halo and the Ecosmart ones from home depot are good. Just use an led dimmer with them. And they are listed for 20 bucks right now. Cree has a 20 dollar four inch as well. Awesome units and easy to sell as an upgrade. I have probably sold over 800 of them in the past year. So far so good.
Rab makes a nice unit too. They are a little nicer because the trim is really flush to the ceiling.

·
THE "BIG RED MACHINE"
3,416 Posts
Where can I find LED inserts for gas station canopy retrofits?

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
Home depot has their led stuff for a really good price right now... the state has subsidized them for a while. so what used to be around 27 bucks is now 19.95 and the four inch cree units are the same price and a pretty great deal...and best of all they are all 2700 k . if you use an led dimmer you can get them to dim really low....
I have replace all the lights in my house with led. and I have definitely noticed it on my electric bill... good stuff...

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
I use almost exclusively Sylvania and have never had a failure.

·
Bababoee
9,187 Posts
I use almost exclusively Sylvania and have never had a failure.
yea those are pretty nice too.. I used some 85 watt equivalent ones on a pretty big job and they are really bright... perfect for commercial settings or a really big great room with high ceilings..

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
.... if you use an led dimmer you can get them to dim really low....
I have replace all the lights in my house with led. and I have definitely noticed it on my electric bill... good stuff...

Is there a 3-way LED dimmer you prefer?

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just installed 6 in my living room and 6 in my kitchen with Ecosmart/cree 12w 2700k. The six in the living room were previously dimmable cfl's with a Lutron cfl dimmer. No problem at all. Kitchen were incandescent on a Lutron incandescent/halogen dimmer. The ones in the kitchen were humming like crazy. After I swapped the dimmer they were fine. Trim is a bit bulky but ImageUploadedByelectriciantalk.com1422562629.156790.jpg Not bad for $19.99. ImageUploadedByelectriciantalk.com1422562569.825983.jpg

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
I just installed 6 in my living room and 6 in my kitchen with Ecosmart/cree 12w 2700k. The six in the living room were previously dimmable cfl's with a Lutron cfl dimmer. No problem at all. Kitchen were incandescent on a Lutron incandescent/halogen dimmer. The ones in the kitchen were humming like crazy. After I swapped the dimmer they were fine. Trim is a bit bulky but View attachment 46137 Not bad for $19.99. View attachment 46129
You could have got Sylvania for about the same money. (I just paid $19.50 from my supplier)

50,000 hour life
700 lumens
10 watt
5 year warranty

·
Super Moderator
21,929 Posts
The dimmers have to be labeled for LED?
Lutron has a CL dimmer which supposedly works for LED and CFL but they only guarantee accuracy with the bulbs they tested. There website has a list of many bulbs.

Reactions: Celtic

·
Mad Skills
5,803 Posts
My LR has a couple of handfuls of 4" cans with PAR 20 lamps....I'm considering swapping out to LEDs of same flavor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts