Electrician Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used the jumper wires and connector wires that are accessories of the manufacturer of the LED under cabs I use. I have seen a lot of different wires used by other contractors when I go out on service calls. I've seen guys run landscape low voltage wire, cat5e, and a few others to connect their transformers to the light and jump light to light. The lights I use are usually 24v what wire do you guys run for this? The connecters and jumpers from the manufacturers are really over priced just trying find places to cut costs.

·
:-)
3,670 Posts
You are probably doing it right. What the manufacturer sells I suspect is approved. Everybody has to make a dollar and often it's done on accessory items.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If you use a simuliar gauge wire as the manufacturer supplies then you should be ok !
There's no hard fast rule to fit all !
As there are many variables to consider.
A properly trained electrian will consider these variables and choose
What best fits that particiliar set up.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,679 Posts
This is all so wrong......... But maybe not...... The OP is from CA which may be Canada like the other posters, or maybe it's short for Cairns Australia which I also have no clues about L.V. wiring there. But if it is California like I suspect then all the Queen's boys should butt out and let DR. Don or BBQ come in here and set em straight about using chapter 3 wiring and listed assemblies for low voltage luminairreeerrrierrs. Is that a French word? It is hard to spell in a Frenchy sort of way...

·
Estwing magic
26,740 Posts
This is all so wrong......... But maybe not...... The OP is from CA which may be Canada like the other posters, or maybe it's short for Cairns Australia which I also have no clues about L.V. wiring there. But if it is California like I suspect then all the Queen's boys should butt out and let DR. Don or BBQ come in here and set em straight about using chapter 3 wiring and listed assemblies for low voltage luminairreeerrrierrs. Is that a French word? It is hard to spell in a Frenchy sort of way...
I dunno if that's French or not. Around here we have two official languages - English and ******* :) .

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
macmikeman said:
"The queens boys" I like it!!
I,ll have to remember that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts