Electrician Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used right angle drill on ebay. when I received it, it has two problems, the ground prong on the cord end is missing, and the chuck key wrench is not included.

in the pictures posted on ebay neither the cord end or chuck key wrench is shown, its kind of a deceiving picture

my question is it even legal to sell a power tool with a damaged cord?

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Jah Electric said:
I bought a used right angle drill on ebay. when I received it, it has two problems, the ground prong on the cord end is missing, and the chuck key wrench is not included.

in the pictures posted on ebay neither the cord end or chuck key wrench is shown, its kind of a deceiving picture

my question is it even legal to sell a power tool with a damaged cord?
You must be a liberal!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You must be a liberal!
nope, I don't buy into the B.S. liberal-conservative, republican-democrat, red-blue, right-left. its all lies and your just voting for "the lesser of the two evils" heck sometimes idiots actually believe politicians will make everything great and do as they say.

·
ET rocks
2,875 Posts
Are you Rastafarian?

...but anyway, i don't think it was against the law for that guy to sell you that tool. Work it out with the seller and leave a review. It's e-bay.

Then, take it apart and put your own cord on it.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
Are you Rastafarian?

...but anyway, i don't think it was against the law for that guy to sell you that tool. Work it out with the seller and leave a review. It's e-bay.

Then, take it apart and put your own cord on it.
Better yet, it looks like a twist-lok cord on there. Just give it a left hand twist, remove the cord, go to Home Cheapo or any store of your choice, and replace the cord. They also sell new chuck keys. It's Ebay, deal with it.!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Depends on the description on eBay if you have any recourse against him via eBay. But is it against the law? That all depends how much in legal fees you want to spend

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Jah Electric said:
nope, I don't buy into the B.S. liberal-conservative, republican-democrat, red-blue, right-left. its all lies and your just voting for "the lesser of the two evils" heck sometimes idiots actually believe politicians will make everything great and do as they say.
It had nothing to do with politics. The first thing you looked for is a law to use because you didn't do your own homework. You want government to protect you so you don't do something stupid. That's a liberal.

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,485 Posts
If you got it for a good price why bother worrying.
Getting a new cord cap isn't that hard. Heck I'm sure an ET member would be glad to install one fore you at a good rate.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
easy does it backstay... I'm not looking to sue the guy, I can easily put a new cord end on, I'm JUST wondering if it is in fact even legal? I did a quick internet search but I didn't see anything on it, thought some know it all's might know

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
easy does it backstay... I'm not looking to sue the guy, I can easily put a new cord end on, I'm JUST wondering if it is in fact even legal? I did a quick internet search but I didn't see anything on it, thought some know it all's might know
Why would it be ilegal to sell a used tool with damage?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why would it be ilegal to sell a used tool with damage?

The ground is a safety feature, to me it doesn't seem right to sell a tool that has a broken safety feature, without having informed the buyer prior to sale or having mentioned something about it in the description.
All in all its not a big deal i was just curious if others had any knowledge of this kind of deal.

·
Super Moderator
22,037 Posts
The ground is a safety feature, to me it doesn't seem right to sell a tool that has a broken safety feature, without having informed the buyer prior to sale or having mentioned something about it in the description.
All in all its not a big deal i was just curious if others had any knowledge of this kind of deal.
Buy a cord for it and then sell it- you will probably fetch more bucks for it

·
Donuts > Fried Eggs
17,054 Posts
It had nothing to do with politics. The first thing you looked for is a law to use because you didn't do your own homework. You want government to protect you so you don't do something stupid. That's a liberal.
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? Because that seems to be your entire approach to politics, which you also seem totally unable to separate from reality.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
Big John said:
Do you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? Because that seems to be your entire approach to politics, which you also seem totally unable to separate from reality.
So politics is not reality? I know they're liars but I think it's real.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts