Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leviton is coming out with load centers. They have the same setup as QO with the neutral and ground bars stacked next to the main. Not my favorite design, i've taken a liking to homelines plug on neutral setup.

Their big thing is that the hots don't connect directly to the breaker. Its got a terminal on the guts for each hot, and the breaker just plugs on. Seems like a solid failure point to me. They're doubling down on places for a breaker to arc and burn up. Does anyone recall a manufacturer coming out with a similar design in the past?

As far as i can tell those "hot load side lugs" can only take up to a #4. Maybe the larger size breakers can connect directly to a conductor.

They're also bragging about making their gfci breakers non resetable once the breaker has decided its reached its end of life. Something they've pushed UL to adopt. I can see the safety benefit in it, but i can also see the skeptical electricians "they're all in each other's pockets" take. If they're taking the non resetable approach, i guess testing monthly won't be necessary anymore, right?

https://www.leviton.com/en/products/residential/load-centers

Oh, and the door on the cover is clear with white breakers. Better keep your hands clean when you replace one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way overpriced and you’re married to HD for breakers. I was hoping for more.
You didn't try one, did you? We can't get them here. The only way i could see it catching on is if leviton gives them away for free to new home builders. Then we're stuck working with / repairing them.

·
Estwing magic
25,847 Posts
You didn't try one, did you? We can't get them here. The only way i could see it catching on is if leviton gives them away for free to new home builders. Then we're stuck working with / repairing them.

They’re available here as “ship to store”. Five days lead time for an overpriced panel with no breaker inventory at the store.

This thing is definitely “wait and see”.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Local overpriced Ben Dover electric supply stocks them and claim they're priced lower then Siemens. Only place in the area that has them. I'm not beta testing that crap for them, when I can get Siemens at both big box stores, amazon and 2 local wholesalers.
A certain member here who once put his 99 Cents into the conversation, but I won't mention him by name:rolleyes: said that Leviton is going to help fight against the breaker cartel :vs_laugh:

·
Estwing magic
25,847 Posts
Local overpriced Ben Dover electric supply stocks them and claim they're priced lower then Siemens. Only place in the area that has them. I'm not beta testing that crap for them, when I can get Siemens at both big box stores, amazon and 2 local wholesalers.
A certain member here who once put his 99 Cents into the conversation, but I won't mention him by name:rolleyes: said that Leviton is going to help fight against the breaker cartel :vs_laugh:
Maybe they will. Leviton has always been good at shaking up the old boys club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts