Electrician Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's aunts house is for sale and needs service change,more than likely GFCI and the like to pass CO.Brother in law is in charge,so before he finds a hack in the book or online,I will forward him interested parties stats and digits..Then I am out of the picture ...Just PM me.

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,796 Posts
Wife's aunts house is for sale and needs service change,more than likely GFCI and the like to pass CO.
Why would the house need to "pass CofO"??

Are upgrades required in ToH to sell a house?
Are there open building permits?

·
Premium Member
19,545 Posts
Wife's aunts house is for sale and needs service change,more than likely GFCI and the like to pass CO.Brother in law is in charge,so before he finds a hack in the book or online,I will forward him interested parties stats and digits..Then I am out of the picture ...Just PM me.
Maybe you mean Home inspector?

·
Coffee drinking member
I pretwist and then use wire nuts. Solder pots rule.
13,987 Posts
Speedy Petey said:
Why would the house need to "pass CofO"??
Some towns near me require a CoO inspection before they allow a sale or occupancy.
It's a PITA.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Louieb said:
pm shockdoc or maybe me

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Some towns near me require a CoO inspection before they allow a sale or occupancy.
It's a PITA.
Unless a building permit has been pulled and left open the home should have a valid CofO. So you are saying they require a NEW one? :blink:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Speedy Petey said:
Unless a building permit has been pulled and left open the home should have a valid CofO. So you are saying they require a NEW one? :blink:
i was thinking it could be related to unpermitted work. finished basements and the like go up without much fuss

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
i was thinking it could be related to unpermitted work. finished basements and the like go up without much fuss
Very true.
I grew up around the corner from Levittown and I remember that getting a building permit was the LAST thing anyone wanted to do. Most times they only did when forced to.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
Levitt capes had basements. The Levitt ranches typically did not.

·
Super Moderator
11,796 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts