Electrician Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad owns an electric business here in ohio...I was 3 year apprentice until I realized I wanted to do linework instead..
Recently I've been contemplating on taking over dads business since he's wanting to finally retire.
Ohio says you have to have 4 or 5 years of electric work to take a masters test? Is there any way around this?
Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
My dad owns an electric business here in ohio...I was 3 year apprentice until I realized I wanted to do linework instead..
Recently I've been contemplating on taking over dads business since he's wanting to finally retire.
Ohio says you have to have 4 or 5 years of electric work to take a masters test? Is there any way around this?
I heard Ohio is really tough to get a license. You gotta be real smart, lot's of proven experience, and committed no acts of moral turbitude.

·
Banned
16,981 Posts
All that's required to be an electrician in Ohio is a coil of 14/2 and a pair of Commercial Electric pliers in your trunk. Don't forget to write "Electrishun" with electrical tape on the side of your car.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
You have to do the time like everyone else.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish i had the freedom of posting without having to hope&pray that cletus misses my post and doesnt post on it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts