Electrician Talk banner

Should the designers receive a good swift kick?

• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Here in Eastern Indiana at the facility in which I'm employed, we have a "half" gym that we need to change the lighting in. Current set up is qty. 12 - 400 Watt MH High bays and 10 surface mount can lights. (can's are for "instant" lighting.) None of the can lights are working and only 7 of the High bays. Getting dark in here.

It has been 15 years since anyone changed bulbs. I've only been here since last year so obviously I was not here last time they did. Neither was anyone else that is employed here. ;)

Here is the problem. I have brought in lighting reps and have come up with a new design for LED replacement fixtures. Eliminating all 12 high bays and cans.

The deck is 36 feet. I only have a standard 36" door in which to take equipment and no straight shot. (No exterior doors, only internal which are around corners. ) (The designers need a good swift kick, trust me.)

Does anyone know of any type lift that would fit through a standard door, yet reach 36'? The closest I have come is a single man lift that will put your feet at 28 feet. That won't get it.

Please save comments about ladders in lift, blah blah. Serious and helpful responses only please.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
Yeah, sure. The class of aerial lifts called "vertical mast lifts" are just the ticket for that. Most every manufacturer makes them. Call the rental yard, tell them your door width, and tell them how high you need to be. They'll be there in a jiffy.

·
Premium Member
20,983 Posts
All of the Genie's fit through a standard door, and I know they have models that go 40-odd feet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts