Electrician Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Electrician
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where the relay is that controls the dome lights in an 07 E150?
At least I think it is a relay, with maybe a timer in it. The lights stay on for a little bit when you park to give you time to get out. Also, if you leave the doors open it will stay on for a few minutes then time out.

Lately the dome lights have flickered on while driving and I just thought a door wasn't closed good. Next time it done it I checked all the doors and they were closed.

Today I got into the van and when I closed the doors the lights never went out. I turned the cab light off, but the cargo area doesn't have a switch so I had to unplug the light.

Does this sound like a relay or a control module? Or if you know what else it might be, I would appreciate the help!

Even if it's operator error.:laughing:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Did you try to google it? My dad has a 1994 Peterbilit tandem truck and about a year a ago he started having a couple of electrical issues. After a couple of google searches I found a couple of good forums and actually found a printable wiring diagram. Google is my friend.

·
Registered
Electrician
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you try to google it? My dad has a 1994 Peterbilit tandem truck and about a year a ago he started having a couple of electrical issues. After a couple of google searches I found a couple of good forums and actually found a printable wiring diagram. Google is my friend.
This is my "Google"!
Now will someone give me my "ET-Google" results?:laughing:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
The light is getting too many volts. Cut the battery in 1/2 with your sawzall, then duct tape it back together with a piece of cardboard between the 2 halves, and you'll be good to go.

·
Senior Lurker
1,310 Posts
The relays are in a box above the throttle pedal. There are 2 in there that are involved. The delay and the cutout relay both are on the circuit and are found together. Switch em out one at a time with a known good one. Wiggle your ignition switch when it acts up. Thats often the problem. Good luck.:thumbsup:

·
Mad as Hell Member
2,936 Posts
Sounds to me like you need a ground rod, preferably two. A ground rod will help stabilize the voltage in your van.

·
Homer to Jebus
790 Posts
In seriousness, the problem is probably with the LCM. Ford has the tendency to use the same LCM and ECM with other vehicles most notably, my Vic. My $.02. 4.6L or 5.4L?

·
Registered
5,971 Posts
Turbo Encabulator Just jiggle it a little
Just jiggle it a little.

·
13,020 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my van (E-250)

The dome lights stay on no matter what. I wound up just switching them off because I'm lazy and because it's not my van so I'm not inclined to fix it. Plus I wouldn't know the first place to start.

Also, the little E-brake indicator light on the dash stays on all the time.

·
Registered
Electrician
4,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What I have noticed is that the problem usually occurs when I first take off or am almost to a stop. It's acting more like something is loose.
I didn't realize this until today. I haven't had time to check into anything yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts