Electrician Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem admitting that I am not a lighting designer. I install what shows up on site and some times I like it and some times I don't like it.

I have been asked by my church to install some lights, and they will want my input on what lights to install.

The lights will be wall mounted above sign with the goal of lighting up a sign and a some area lighting as well.

I was thinking goose neck lights but that would only light up the sign. I saw some wall mounted lights that may work but wanted s a second, or third, or fourth opinion.

www.albc.ca You can see the sign we need to light, the lights will go above the sign by a 1' or so. We will want a little bit of light to flood the ground in front of the sign as well. I believe the sign is roughly 16' long.

I was thinking of this light, which will shoot down and hit the sign as well as the ground.
http://www.cooperindustries.com/con.../outdoor_wall_mount_lighting/_181833.ssd.html

Under the cross is the entrance and would be nice to put a surface mount light under the overhang. I have installed a 12x12 fixture in a walk in freezer that would fit the bill but can't remember a model or manufacture.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder what the wife would think of the dog light, I would get it for shock value alone.

Can I get this thread moved to the lighting forum, did not realize there was a form for lighting design.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Good job Wildleg, I believe that will really help him out..
You have a few options on something like this. Rab lighting would be a good place to start.
Also the econolight LED wall packs may do a decent job although they might not look that nice.
Affordable quality lighting has some decent goosenecks for cheap.

·
Electrical Contractor
Trying to retire or at least slow down a bit, but life not cooperating
5,067 Posts
How about the Cooper Crosstour?

I would stay away from gooseneck. Just about everyone I have seen, sag over the years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts