Electrician Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question. I was pretty confused today when my jman told me to run a constant feed to the bathroom light fixtures today even though the switch leg is there. For details its a 277V, 4' X 1' light that takes two t8 tubes. It has two ballasts, one is an emergency back up ballast which obviously the emergency feed goes to. Then the other ballast has a wire for the switch leg, wire for the constant 277, and the neutral wire. The switching is done off a motion sensor with a on/off overide. I'm coming from residential and figured all you would need is the switch leg to give it power, but if this is common in commercial then it would help if somebody could explain. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Hey guys, quick question. I was pretty confused today when my jman told me to run a constant feed to the bathroom light fixtures today even though the switch leg is there. For details its a 277V, 4' X 1' light that takes two t8 tubes. It has two ballasts, one is an emergency back up ballast which obviously the emergency feed goes to. Then the other ballast has a wire for the switch leg, wire for the constant 277, and the neutral wire. The switching is done off a motion sensor with a on/off overide. I'm coming from residential and figured all you would need is the switch leg to give it power, but if this is common in commercial then it would help if somebody could explain. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using electriciantalk.com
When he says constant feed he's talking about feeding the EM ballast so it's on 24/7..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.