Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
get the basic klien linesmans and the rest should get you a decent 1/4 flathead and #2 phillips.. id just get the lowes/hd brand screwdrivers theyre good enough to start with

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
For that budget Channellock 369 linemans and some average Home Depot or Dewalt screwdrivers will leave you with money left over for another useful basic tool like a pair of wire strippers or a level.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
For that budget Channellock 369 linemans and some average Home Depot or Dewalt screwdrivers will leave you with money left over for another useful basic tool like a pair of wire strippers or a level.
This ^^^

Channellock is good for the price.

·
Homer to Jebus
Electron Flow Consultant
829 Posts
Channellock 369s are the bees knees. Get a Klein 11n1 and you got most you need. Cheap enough to pick up an Channellock 908 wire strippers too. :thumbsup:

:thumbup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have Klein write strippers and dikes. I had a pair of 12 husky line mans but were stolen out of my bag Friday. I do have a deadly screw driver set buy it feels so cheap.

·
Data Tech/Apprentice.
9,013 Posts
I have Klein write strippers and dikes. I had a pair of 12 husky line mans but were stolen out of my bag Friday. I do have a deadly screw driver set buy it feels so cheap.
See if sears has the pack of wiha drivers.

·
Banned
7,221 Posts
Nah man that set totally sucks.

It's like it's an ultra cheap knockoff set.. I bought it to have some back up tools and I chipped the ***** the first time I went to use them. wtf! I have a picture on my computer somewhere.

It's not the usual crap klein quality we complain, this is UBER CRAP!

·
Banned
7,221 Posts

Pretty sure that was a drywall screw.. can't even cut a drywall screw? I have used my Ideal Tools ***** on EVERYTHING. They can either cut it or not cut it, but they don't chip!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Nah man that set totally sucks.

It's like it's an ultra cheap knockoff set.. I bought it to have some back up tools and I chipped the ***** the first time I went to use them. wtf! I have a picture on my computer somewhere.

It's not the usual crap klein quality we complain, this is UBER CRAP!
Its has the same part numbers as the individual tools. If they chipped then take them back and swap them for a new pair.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I just picked up the 369's, greenlee 9 in 1, and a craftsmen utility knife at Sears for a total of 35 bucks. Thanks for the suggestions
Good work...:thumbup:

As you Learn the Electrical trade You will find your favorites in tools.

For Linesman's I love the D2000-9ECR.:thumbsup:

Qty:

Yes, I want FREE Two-Day
Shipping
with Amazon Prime
Add to Cart
or

to turn on 1-Click ordering.

Add to Wish List

More buying choices

• Wholesale Electric Supply
    $36.89 + $6.60 shipping