Electrician Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been ask to list my license number on an estimate to another licensed electrical contractor(that I assume is licensed ), and want to know what your thoughts were about this. May be no big deal, but before I did it, thought I might be a good idea to at least ask here!

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
Ehhhh isn't your company name and license number required to be on all your documents

·
Registered
47 Posts
My lic number is pre printed on my invoice/estimate forms, but it is interesting you say you assume the other ec is licensed. Why not look him up and find out if he has a current license in good standing

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe my number is required to be on anything except permits, but I'm glad you came back with that! Something I will definitely look into and verify. Either way it's good to know and it being on there would be another step towards being more professional and standing out above everybody else! As far as the other guy, no I've never wasted my time being concerned about someone else enough to check their license out, I will maybe now if I will be doing business with him! Thanks

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,624 Posts
I have been ask to list my license number on an estimate to another licensed electrical contractor(that I assume is licensed ), and want to know what your thoughts were about this. May be no big deal, but before I did it, thought I might be a good idea to at least ask here!
Law here too..

(2) A licensee shall only engage in the electrical trade or otherwise conduct business in the name printed on his or her license. Any sign, advertisement or other business communication of a Master electrician (Class A) or Journeyman electrician (Class B) or Systems Contractor (Class C) shall indicate the type of license and the license number.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think it's law here, been searching but no luck so far! I will have to call and check into that one tomorrow!

·
Super Moderator
Licensed Electrical Contractor
11,768 Posts
It's law here that anything has your business name on it need your license number!!!!!! From what I understand minimums $2000 fine
For real?? Seems unbelievably excessive to me.

NY and PA do not have statewide licensing. No way it can be a law here.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
It's law here that anything has your business name on it need your license number!!!!!! From what I understand minimums $2000 fine

So when John Q. Homeowner writes you a check, the state can fine you 2Large if he doesn't write your license number on the check? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
So when John Q. Homeowner writes you a check, the state can fine you 2Large if he doesn't write your license number on the check? :rolleyes:
In my state it is the law as well, it is any document that I provide which must have MY licence # on it.

Any vehicle which I use in the course of my business has to have my license in 1" tall, contrasting letters.

Does everyone do that? No way, the chance of being caught for the vehicle lettering is small.

Edit: I see where you were going with your answer LOL.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
39,118 Posts
.......Edit: I see where you were going with your answer LOL.

I'm sure some entry-level enforcement rookie is gonna try to make points by fining ECs because the checks made out to them don't have their license number on them. In this day and age, I can see it happening.

Invoices from the SH? Credit card statements? Yellow pages advertising agreements? Company t-shirts?

·
Banned
4,506 Posts
480sparky said:
I'm sure some entry-level enforcement rookie is gonna try to make points by fining ECs because the checks made out to them don't have their license number on them. In this day and age, I can see it happening. Invoices from the SH? Credit card statements? Yellow pages advertising agreements? Company t-shirts?
This is a very sorry way to up your post count

1 - 18 of 18 Posts