Electrician Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering if i live out in montreal and want to work out in ontario is there any special steps that i need to take? I should also mention i finished my D.E.P in electricity in Quebec 2 years ago and have yet to work as an apprentice , so my question is can i apprentice in ontario?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stay here!! Things are very different from here over there....not for the best as I heard here......

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I can't see why you can't do it. Out here we have guys whose home address is in Ontario and they're apprentices in the Alberta or Saskatchewan systems.

I think if you're going to go through all that effort you might as well move to Alberta and have better job security and money. Ontario is a tough place for new guys to get started in the trade and the pay isn't very good either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me i would like to stay but its almost impossible to find a job when i dont speak alot of french. I have family in ontario and would be using their address. So my only concern would be is it legal for me to do this?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh...If you don't speak good french, your best chance would be in the west island doing residential. On big sites, you'll have to speak french.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Trust me i would like to stay but its almost impossible to find a job when i dont speak alot of french. I have family in ontario and would be using their address. So my only concern would be is it legal for me to do this?
I tried for 11 months to find an apprenticeship in Ontario.

I moved to Alberta and found one in a week.

Be prepared

·
Registered
714 Posts
yes, just need to find someone that will hire you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts