Electrician Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3rd year electrical apprentice
509 Posts
Balls, no brains.
I don’t know if you know who Dustin Stelzer is or not, he’s a master in Texas really great YouTube channel , thousands of followers more geared towards first year apprentices and people thinking on taking the trade. Anyways he has/had another Chanel , journey to master and he said he got canned before getting his license for advertising side work on Facebook lol

·
Registered
I'm an attic monkey, crawl space junkie. Smaller guy. I love Residential, I love Commercial.
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know if you know who Dustin Stelzer is or not, he’s a master in Texas really great YouTube channel , thousands of followers more geared towards first year apprentices and people thinking on taking the trade. Anyways he has/had another Chanel , journey to master and he said he got canned before getting his license for advertising side work on Facebook lol
I will look him up!!! Thank you. I live in a bubble so...

·
Band Member
DIYer Extrodinaire
8,662 Posts
Pretty sure someone sent me a link to one of that Dustin guys videos ... was on power factor.

He totally screwed that up lol ... like bad !
Maybe his other videos a good ... I didn't look.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Pretty sure someone sent me a link to one of that Dustin guys videos ... was on power factor.

He totally screwed that up lol ... like bad !
Maybe his other videos a good ... I didn't look.
Lol I thought he was awesome before I got into the trade , I’m sure he’s a good electrician but 99% of his content speaks to people just getting their feet wet

·
Registered
509 Posts
I will look him up!!! Thank you. I live in a bubble so...
It’s electrician U, like I said it’s mostly great content for people just barely getting started or just thinking on getting started. I think he has other learning content too on discord or something for guys already both feet in but I’m not sure.

·
Registered
I'm an attic monkey, crawl space junkie. Smaller guy. I love Residential, I love Commercial.
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ya! I have seen electrician U dustin for quite a while. Not always does it need to be for first timers.

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
Well I texted him. Guess what he's wearing?

Boxer briefs.
I HATE boxerbriefs! :mad:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Didn't know you were into sloppy 2nds...
I owe you an apology my good sir. Remember the discussion weather I’m really a third year or not? According to the last conversation I had with my apprenticeship PEI officer im still 120 log hours away from really being a 3rd year. Yup in Canada you need 3600 logged hours to be considered a 3rd year. We’re in for block 3 now and after im done in a month I won’t update my status as a 4th year until after I have 4800 hours logged. You need 7200 hours here to write your red seal which is the end of in class training after you pass block 4.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I owe you an apology my good sir. Remember the discussion weather I’m really a third year or not? According to the last conversation I had with my apprenticeship PEI officer im still 120 log hours away from really being a 3rd year. Yup in Canada you need 3600 logged hours to be considered a 3rd year. We’re in for block 3 now and after im done in a month I won’t update my status as a 4th year until after I have 4800 hours logged. You need 7200 hours here to write your red seal which is the end of in class training after you pass block 4.
Are you talking hours on the job logged? And you only have 3600 as a third year? Did you take time off? Usually, working FT, you'll pull in over 2,000 hrs in a year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol I thought he was awesome before I got into the trade , I’m sure he’s a good electrician but 99% of his content speaks to people just getting their feet wet
Honestly, in ANY trade, we need motivational people to keep our tradesman, excited, and willing to work. I love the fact that, guys who actually do our jobs specifically, can put themselves out there in todays day & age. He's not Mike Holt, BUT he is easy to watch for a snippet if info you are directly interested in. Jargon sometimes gets in the way, and I think that above all is a hurdle when trying to -put it all together- [using info as application] in our field. There are a few others I enjoy as well. Sparky Channel is a good one. Craig Michaud is good too.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Are you talking hours on the job logged? And you only have 3600 as a third year? Did you take time off? Usually, working FT, you'll pull in over 2,000 hrs in a year.
That’s the way they class us here,I just got out of trade school spring 2020 and started working full time after that , didn’t take any time off. I guess it must mean beginning my third year not completed my third.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Honestly, in ANY trade, we need motivational people to keep our tradesman, excited, and willing to work. I love the fact that, guys who actually do our jobs specifically, can put themselves out there in todays day & age. He's not Mike Holt, BUT he is easy to watch for a snippet if info you are directly interested in. Jargon sometimes gets in the way, and I think that above all is a hurdle when trying to -put it all together- [using info as application] in our field. There are a few others I enjoy as well. Sparky Channel is a good one. Craig Michaud is good too.

He really is good and definitely fun to watch. He knows what he’s talking about and explains it well. Trades have really taken off. After milking cows since I could walk till we stopped less than 3 years ago and I’ll soon be 48, I can’t think of another profession I’d rather be in. Still working with my hands using tools , figuring **** out, always learning and enough physical aspect to the job it keeps me in decent shape but I’ll be able to do it till I retire long as remain healthy. Not to mention the pay is really good compared to other options.They have great programs here for trades. They will pay 70% of your tuition to take a college course that is 2/3 or better code and theory based which gives you a great foundation for going back for block release. They also cover your wages while in training. Anyone whose serious about a trade here they will help you along. The rest is up to you , if you can prove your worth your off to the races.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts