Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after the test they told my son 2-4 weeks they told me 4-6 weeks but I know the class is July 1st. I was considering calling the school but they said don't call the school and the people in the office are hit or miss on being helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received my letters today, I put in for both A and C. Ranked in 200's for A, and in the 70's for C. Kind of deflated because I thought I did much better, but you never know. Here's to staying positive! Good luck to you on your results!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Received my letters today, I put in for both A and C. Ranked in 200's for A, and in the 70's for C. Kind of deflated because I thought I did much better, but you never know. Here's to staying positive! Good luck to you on your results!
Wish I did the application for communications since you only had to test once and pay only one fee

Maybe you will get in the Oct or Jan class

·
Registered
5 Posts
A few thoughts,

1. For starters, anyway the cards fall (no pun intended) I hope you lads did better than I.

2. I'm curious to know how the rankings are made. As far as I know this quarterly testing thing is new, and so how do they rank the April test takers against (let's just say) the July test takers. Are the rankings for each class start date. In other words, will April test takers be ranked for a July class, and will July test takers be ranked for an October class, and so on?

3. I'm curious to know if you boys put in for just A cards or C cards or A and C cards. I put in for both. I ranked much higher on C, and I wonder if that's because no one tested for C or if my "aptitude" is better suited for C, I doubt it.

4. I know it's based on demand, but anyone have a clue as to a common class size and to what degree 134 is taking on.

Once again, best of luck lads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There was at least 448 people because my son ranked 448 and I ranked 353. He only had 7 points less than me so that shows you how tight it was when 7 points is 100 slots.

I only went for A because I didnt think of trying for C. I kick myself now wonder if I can make out the application and be added to that list as well

·
NO high voltage here
2,438 Posts
I scored 1 when i took it.

a program pays more, and you will work your entire program
But if you get laid off, you will probably need to find a new career

c program pays less, but work is more constant due to doing fire alarm work

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm ranked 32 for C card, and my friend is ranked number 1. He starts orientation tomorrow. I have yet to receive a letter yet, I'm guessing they are weeding out people that don't pass the background check/drug test. I've heard the classes are usuallly 25-30 people per class.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.