·
Registered
890 Posts
LOL c'mon now Wendon...you trouble maker! LOL

·
Electrical Contractor
9,327 Posts
LOL c'mon now Wendon...you trouble maker! LOL
That's me!!:laughing::laughing: I think you'd do better with a name like Fireman. Whenever someone paints the union in a bad light..........along comes the Fireman to put out the fire!!!:laughing::laughing:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Who me? LOL

Well I guess that's a better name than some I've been called in the past. So be it.

How's this Wendon? :)

:thumbup:

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Vic098 said:
Exactly what union leadership needs right now. Some asswipes giving out BS jobs at inflated salaries plus bogus contracts all to the tune of dues money.
It's Friggin' DUES MONEY!. We aint running no charity here. I hope they get their 5 years in jail. Enjoy your vacation boys. Bottoms up! :thumbsup:
Yes you are right. Funny the 164 troll is still defending it, I think he is involved with it, that s the only reason someone in that local would not be pissed about it.

They stole from the members.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Yes you are right. Funny the 164 troll is still defending it, I think he is involved with it, that s the only reason someone in that local would not be pissed about it.

They stole from the members.
Anyone who f*cks around with the dues money should have their hands cut off IMO. End of Story.

·
Registered
31,213 Posts
These types exist in all walks of life and all types of businesses, the DC Teachers union had a woman that took a lot more, EC, charities you name it some one will try to scam it.

When I was just starting in the trade, a guy on our job was stealing copper everyday. He was caught and fired though the company threatened prosecution.
A very wise electrician I was working with told me, figure if you are going to steal sooner or later you are going to get caught. SO steal enough to make the jail time you are going to do worth it.

$350K in 2012 sure ain't enough to go to jail for especially if the judge demands restitution.

THese guys deserve more than 5 years, had an ex-employee got 12-20 for robbing a bank of $10,000.00. Tougher jail times I think might deter others

·
Registered
31,213 Posts
They are being indicted because they hired someone they knew.

Great job feds. :thumbsup:
That in it's self is no crime, if it was every local and contractor in America would be in jail.

·
Registered
890 Posts
As I said. I think there's more to this.

·
Salty Member
31,081 Posts
and the mouth pieces will keep on making excuses. :thumbsup:
No, not all Bob. What happened there is bad.

I don't really consider you one of the typical union mouth pieces around here. While you and I don't always agree many times I have seen you look at things with an open mind. You seem willing to admit that somethings do give the unions a black eye.

On the other hand there are some here that could not admit that if their life depended on it and would try to explain away any union action as being just and right.

Myself, I freely admit the good the unions do, what drives me nuts is the union supporters cannot freely admit that somethings the unions do are not good or helpful for anyone.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This guy took more money and gets less time

Prison sentences are hardly uniform.

http://nlpc.org/stories/2011/12/09/florida-local-ibew-benefits-manager-sentenced-800k-embezzlement
There is a huge difference between the two cases. In 164's case, the two indicted were sworn Officers of the Union. A Union which has made agreements with Local 3 for support for Hurricane Sandy. Local 164 themselves have never been a problem in the past. As a matter of fact they have been more accepting of organizing shops into the union than many other locals.

The individual in the other case was an investment staffer who was not a member of the IBEW down there. He was employed by a company used to manage their benefits program.

I, as many, feel that it is a more heinous crime to the rank and file members if their Business Manager is found guilty of these accusations.

Remember though, it is not a crime to employ ones spouse, nor is it a crime to use their business for food services. That's why I believe there is way more to this than has been released to the press at this time. Because one can make the argument that there is nothing illegal about those actions...

·
Registered
1 Posts
good love it

they are guilty even the one who were not indicted they all what was going on and they let them, 2 guys get away with it they should all go down!!!!! they are guilty tom sul tooo

21 - 36 of 36 Posts