Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here it is almost a week after Oreintation from SUNY Empire State College Harry Van Arsdale Jr. Center for... and I still don't know what days I will have electrical theory classes and college classes, and they said it would start the week of Jan 27th. How am I supposed to let work know what days I have class with such short notice and I'm on the schedule mon-wed 3pm-9pm which is going to cause issues at the last minute. When I was there they did say the college part would be 4pm-6pm either a tues or wed because there was too many people who would be going for their bachlors and the 1st class would be Pricilpes of Trade Unionism. This is very anoyoing and I hope I get some kind of notifaction on Friday so I can let work know and adjust my schedule.Any ideas as who I can maybe contact. Has anyone gotten any kind of notification yet?:001_huh:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you gotten your information yet? If not contact Leetoya Young at the college. Theory doesn't start until the end of February so you will get a letter later.
I got my letter today from Empire, I have my college class on Wednesdays 4pm-6pm Principles of Trade unions at Empire. Theory doesn't start till the end of February wow, guess they have changed things a bit. but at least I know now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
important

I took my physical for local 3 on dec 18th i stopped smoking 6 months prior and was taking herbal vitamins. Long story short I got accepted into the union went to orientation jan 14 and by jan 22 they mailed a letter saying i failed the toxicology report. I called and the lady was very nasty and said there is nothing she can do. I am 22 ibew is all i know. Sopranocaponyc i was in the same orientation class we were both going for a bachelors can you please help me tell me something

·
animal lover /rat bastard
13,547 Posts
what kind of drugs are the guys in local 3 testing now ? whatever they are, I'm sure they are having a good time with them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
with a job like this you can take any chances, even the littlest thing could trigger a failed test. I have severe insomnia and I take Ambien, but I have a valid script and brought my script for the test and it was noted. not sure if they would look for that but wasn't taking chances. I smoke cigs, don't drink well rarely. maybe something in the herbs could of triggered a false positive. I would write a letter to the director to ask the validity of the failed test as to why it failed and have some proof of things you were taking even if legal and bought a a gnc etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts