Electrician Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a question, I have family in both Local 98 and PECO Im just curious as to which you guys think is a better gig.. by the way if it matters im 19
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
337 Posts
Black Dog said:
What is PECO?
Philadelphia Electric Company.

I know many people in both PECO and 98. It depends what you want to do. PECO is all line work. Outside every day, storm work, etc. good company, great pay, good benefits. 98 you will see mainly inside work and lower voltages. Similar pay and benefits. If construction is slow you get laid off. Not many layoffs at PECO. Not many people have the opportunity to choose so take advantage whatever you do.

·
RIP 1959-2015
10,750 Posts
Philadelphia Electric Company.

I know many people in both PECO and 98. It depends what you want to do. PECO is all line work. Outside every day, storm work, etc. good company, great pay, good benefits. 98 you will see mainly inside work and lower voltages. Similar pay and benefits. If construction is slow you get laid off. Not many layoffs at PECO. Not many people have the opportunity to choose so take advantage whatever you do.
Good man, like denny3992 said, it's a lifetime gig...:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not sure how true these numbers are but I have a friend who's a linesman in PECO. He said theyre currently accepting an apprenticeship class. There are 12-15 spots and 1600 applicants. Not good odds so you better know someone good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts