Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
It's an absolutely horrible idea made by the IO in order to get more dues money coming in.

You know all that stuff the IBEW has been saying about highly skilled workers deserving a good pay and benefits package?

Well, what the IBEW is made a program full of less trained workers with a significantly lower pay rate and benefits package. They allow these workers on jobs in "A" journeyman positions.

The point, as they say is to gain marketshare. But in reality, it's to get more dues paying IBEW members for the IO.

It simply makes no sense, the IBEW did exactly what they said they would never do and have always fought against. They gave it all back...

Some locals, such as my own, didn't adopt the CE/CW program like the IO intended. Basically, it's just the old "B" program in which the lower paid workers can only work on small works jobs, or residential. That's fine.

But many locals adopted the full CE/CW program, and right now there are CE/CW workers on large jobs doing the work of "A" journeyman in which they are not trained to do, and they are getting paid far less.

This is where it started
They will kill our trade by doing this,and flood the trades with immigrants .

If they want to cut labor costs then cut out all the insurance company's .

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Who are they?
The masters in the union who probably never worked with the tools themselves ,their view is they must de-professionalize the electrical trade and reduce it to just burger flipper labor,don't get rid of their buddies the insurance company's or anything...:no:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
I was with you until this post.

What you posted as their reasoning is silly and untrue. They have nothing to gain from what you said.

The real reason is money. More marketshare, larger organization, more dues money.

Okay great,I'll find something else to do.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
No , I really think you will not understand what I'm talking about,so it will be pointless.
You can call them "masters' 'overlords',or whatever you want,but if you cannot recognize that our country has been taken over by an evil bunch the want formally professionally trained tradesmen to be just low wage labor and dependent on government for such things as food health care housing,because they want to lock us all out permanently of ever owning our own homes,starting our own businesses,or having enough saved up for retirement .

To them the middle class independent lifestyle wrong,we should never have allowed ordinary folks so much freedom and independence.

So they're doing everything that they can to lower our standard of living by destroying every occupation in the private sector that used to support the majority of the workforce.

They no longer serve us,and they want to keep it that way.

You asked "what's in it for them"? , Power that is what's in it for them,all the power in the world,soon they will be deciding what you should do for a living and where you shall live.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
No Harry, I didn't ask what's in it for them. I explained the reasoning for CE/CW. And I think my reasoning is more accurate than your conspiracy theory.

You know absolutely nothing about the CE/CW program and very little about the IBEW IO. You just copied an pasted your anti-liberal rant and typed in a new target.
It figures,,,I was not talking about liberals.

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Yes, I said that.

"You just copied an pasted your anti-liberal rant and typed in a new target."
It has nothing to do with liberals,I'm sitting here trying to stick up for the union electricians standard of living and how it's being undercut by the C/E crap,and you twist into an anti liberal rant,is there another language that you understand better...:blink:

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
20 and 24. It's the same rant that you've post a thousand times, about how they are trying to make people poorer and all that. You just aimed the rant in a different direction this time.

In reality, I gave the plausible reasoning why they instituted the CE/CW program.
Both of those I typed out,no copying and pasting.

I'm trying to point what's coming,sorry if you can not see it,you will live it however.

And what is the plausible reasoning behind this?,,does it make it better for Journeymen electricians ? Or does it undercut them?

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
You typed out the exact same rant that you've used a thousand times.

Yes Harry, you're right. The IO made the CE/CW program because they don't like that the middle class has freedoms. They don't like that we are independent, they want us to be poor.

It has nothing to do with them trying to raise membership, market share, and dues income :whistling2: No, that's silly... :rolleyes:

And what does raising membership while many are on the bench?

It lowers the standard of living for the guys who are already members.

In time you'll understand what I'm talking about,but it will be way too late to fight back by then..

·
RIP 1959-2015
39,618 Posts
Harry, I knew of the possibility of that happening long before you ever heard of the CE/CW program. You know nothing about it even to this day.

The truth is that the CE/CW program may help lower the standard of living for the existing IBEW JW's. BUT, that is NOT what this discussion is about.

You said that the reason that they instituted the CE/CW program is because "they must de-professionalize the electrical trade and reduce it to just burger flipper labor".

You then went on your normal rant (that you usually aim towards liberal politicians) saying how the IO doesn't like "ordinary folks having so much freedom and independence" and "they want to lock us all out permanently of ever owning our own homes,starting our own businesses,or having enough saved up for retirement.".

That's a load of crap, it's your normal conspiracy theory. The real reason why they instituted the CE/CW program is most likely as I said, money and growth. It's not an evil plan to keep you in the trenches. :rolleyes:
You're right....:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.