I was called out to a customers house to give an estimate to rewire three rooms because when a transformer blew out if apparently shot fire out of the outlets and equipment. The power company is allotting enough money to rewire these three rooms. My question is can a surge of this magnitude damage electrical wiringin a home? And how can you dererming from a walk through that you should only have to replace 1/3rd of the wiring of the home. Should I suggest a whole house rewire to be safe or simply wire what im being asked to wire and move on.