Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Estwing magic
26,744 Posts
It warmed up to -22 here today. Better than the -30 chit we had over the weekend. I have to say my old beater truck has been a champ this winter. It needs some TLC come spring. I never got around to putting heat in the shop.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
99cents said:
It warmed up to -22 here today. Better than the -30 chit we had over the weekend. I have to say my old beater truck has been a champ this winter. It needs some TLC come spring. I never got around to putting heat in the shop.
I don't know how you guys work outside at those temps! Maybe I'm just getting old but but that's crazy!! Forecasting -30+ wind chill factor . Thank god for Monday morning service calls

·
Estwing magic
26,744 Posts
I don't know how you guys work outside at those temps! Maybe I'm just getting old but but that's crazy!! Forecasting -30+ wind chill factor . Thank god for Monday morning service calls
Got lucky. Almost all our work this winter was inside. We have outdoor work to do come spring. Three years ago we were doing heat tracing in the cold. That was brutal.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We got some greenhouses to put gas and hydro to by the end of the month, I'm thinking that's not going to happen without a major cost change.
Tobacco guys need them by the end of the month at the latest to start plants.

·
Electrical Contractor
9,325 Posts
One plus is that you don't have to drink warm pop (or soda)! Drink was icing up in the addition we were roughing in the other day! Only -3F here right now.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wyremonkey said:
I park my diesel outside. Every morning I fight to get it going. I change batteries once a year
I love a diesel truck, and that's the one reason I don't have one. If I had a warm shop to park in I,d buy one in a second!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
9 right now here WNY......huge mess south of here 1800 flights cancelled, at least the storm missed us this time. Tonight -3f predicted more like January....I have had enough:laughing:.

·
Senile Member
I make all the electrons line up for their Flu shots
33,701 Posts
The following is a condensed version of all the climate research done by astute scientist's (farmers) over centuries of time, and recorded in various tales, and myths particular to the various regions, IE tales from Greek mythology and the like:

Hey, it's winter. Man it's cold outside. Wish I was in Hawaii.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The following is a condensed version of all the climate research done by astute scientist's (farmers) over centuries of time, and recorded in various tales, and myths particular to the various regions, IE tales from Greek mythology and the like:

Hey, it's winter. Man it's cold outside. Wish I was in Hawaii.
Do you need an apprentice?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I swear this winter is never going to end. Compared to last year this is hell haha. I heard on the radio today that we have had something like snow 63 out of 90 days this winter.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Got lot's here in bruce county.
:censored:,can't wait for it to go.
glad i work indoors.

·
Head Grunt
415 Posts
3deg right now, suppose to be -18 tonight. Forgot to plug in the D-Max in last night and even with only 5 glow plugs it still fired right up. Tonight i made sure it was plugged in. I already gave my helper the day off tomorrow, rest of our work for awhile will be outside. Just not worth trying to work in the cold, take the day off, do paperwork, right a few estimates, BS at the coffee shop and hope for a warmer couple days at the end of the week.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
About 30 km south of town yesterday it was -7C and WINDY! After driving for about 10 minutes towards town on the gravel it was -20 and calm.. One weather site is calling for +7 for Saturday and another is calling for +12... At least one is wrong, just by how much...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts