Electrician Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i work as a residential electrician but im looking for a drill my 18 volts broke so i need to get a new one i saw a few od other electricians using a makita i think its 10.8 volts are those good? or is there something better outthere. something newer? give me ideas on what model to get.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
I got a Milwaukee M12 driver free with my Milwaukee camera and it's pretty neat for putting devices in and the odd small hole. I've never really felt the need to specially buy a compact drill, but I'm happy with the Milwaukee M12 drill; particularly since it was free.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I've got the Bosh's. The drill, impactor and right angle drill. They all have their uses but the regular drill gets used the most by far. The impactor IMO is way overrated and the right angle will get used way more than you think it will, especially in residential.

Other brands have more power but the Bosch is lighter for carrying.

If I were to get one now I'd probably get the Milwaukee because they've got the little hackzall and camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased the makita 18v lithium and could not be happier. The battery lasted and when it does need a charge it only takes 15 mins for a full charge. Was able to get a good deal on drill driver and 2 batteries. J.M.O.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Craftsman drills, while not the best in any category, get the job done. The selling point is they are cheap( last I heard) and they are replaced under warranty... as long as you are a homeowner, and you used your drill for homeowner type stuff.
One budget minded journeyman I know had his replaced three times before sears said "no-sorry".:whistling2:

·
Always Learnin'
1,290 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.