Electrician Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good type of circuit analyzer. Something that is not too expensive. (I want to have my cake and eat it too.) I get customers who complain sometimes of bulbs going out prematurely, and things like that. - Basically, I am looking for something that I can plug into a socket for a small period time and try to see what is going on. Any suggestions?

·
Senior Moment
7,771 Posts
Magic wand? Lots of equipment out there but you have to be able to read and interpret the results. It will take more than "plug in" to a socket.

·
Sparks fly from my finger
2,530 Posts
I agree with the fluke one.

Are they complaining about incandescent bulbs burning out or cfls? You don't want cfls where they are switched on and off a lot and you don't want incandescents on all the time. Incandescents have gotten extreamly crappy lately.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No problem... I do agree that incandescent bulbs do not seem to be made very well and I never really heard that turning cfl bulbs on and off could shorten their life. Hmmmm, makes some sense to me. - I have a friend who purchased a plug in circuit analyzer for about $30.00; he said he did find it useful. I'll have to ask him about it again. (In addition to looking at the fluke model listed above.) I know there will be a learning curve, but I have to start somewhere and I do have some background knowledge regarding the subject, (not much but something), and that should be helpful in interpreting results. Thanks for the posts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts