Electrician Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
You can try the main IBEW page, But from what I've seen Ed Hill doesn't make it easy to post it online. Was there something specific you were looking to find in it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I have some schoolwork that involved me having the Constitution and my Local's Bylaws. Of course I haven't laid eyes on either since bootcamp. I dug around my house a little bit more and found both.

Why are they non-existant online?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Our agreement is on our local website. You have to sign in to view it. Our medical and pension plan is also there with the hours worked. The job board is also there. We don't shape the hall, it is all done online.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
Just out of curiosity why is this so private? Is there something in there that others should not know?

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
Just out of curiosity why is this so private? Is there something in there that others should not know?
You know.....I've asked this question myself. Usually its posed to the higher echelons of our organization and have yet to be given a satisfactory answer.

There is no secret code, no hallowed handshake, no directions to the fountain of electrical knowledge....nothing. Why is it so hard to find?

The only reason I can think of is that IBEW considers it a contract between the union and its members.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I do have a copy of it though......if its needed for the right reasons.....then someone can PM me.

·
Censored Member
21 Posts

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
:001_huh:

The right reasons?
Rollie73, just what exactly would be the wrong reasons for someone to want a copy?
At the time of me posting that.....we had some members who frowned on all things IBEW. They would try everything they could to make IBEW look bad.....slander everything posted about IBEW and twist everything around to be shown in a bad light.

Those reasons.....to me .....would be bad reasons to use the constitution that I swore to uphold.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
At the time of me posting that.....we had some members who frowned on all things IBEW. They would try everything they could to make IBEW look bad.....slander everything posted about IBEW and twist everything around to be shown in a bad light.

Those reasons.....to me .....would be bad reasons to use the constitution that I swore to uphold.
That is a good answer

BUT

if the document is strong, reasonable and legal there should be no reason to hide it, unless you are afraid the US Supreme Court is going to take a dump on it.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
That is a good answer

BUT

if the document is strong, reasonable and legal there should be no reason to hide it, unless you are afraid the US Supreme Court is going to take a dump on it.
Personally.....being from Canada, the US Supreme Court doesn't mean jack sh!t to me. They can all go pound sand as far as I'm concerned. Im not hiding anything either......couldn't care less if its seen and if you know how to search for it, its reasonably easy to find online. I can have a digital copy of it in about 5 minutes.
I kept it off of ET for exactly the reason I listed and mostly because I have no interest in having an argument with douchebags who were just looking for a way to cause trouble here:laughing:

As of now.....since things are pretty quiet and reasonable around here, and the worst of the trouble makers are on the MIA list, I have no problem with posting it.

In fact the copy that I will post the link to was used by an organization that is trying to abolish unions. They had it posted on their website.

http://1-888-no-union.com/images/ibewconst.pdf

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Personally.....being from Canada, the US Supreme Court doesn't mean jack sh!t to me. They can all go pound sand as far as I'm concerned.
That was a joke based on recent rulings by the court.

Im not hiding anything either......couldn't care less if its seen and if you know how to search for it, its reasonably easy to find online. I can have a digital copy of it in about 5 minutes.
I kept it off of ET for exactly the reason I listed and mostly because I have no interest in having an argument with douchebags who were just looking for a way to cause trouble here:laughing:

I just thought if it is a strong enough document it could stand on it's owm.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Rollie73, Grand Commander, or someone more active , and more up to date with all the District 1 Union politics can explain it better than me as I am no longer a member.

But, a few years back, financial disclosure was becoming an issue at some locals in Canada, and the Constitution was used as a reason NOT to disclose. If I remember correctly, or that's how it was explained to me. ;)

Perhaps that issue has since been resolved, but I am not knowing. When I was a member I had no problem accessing the Constitution, or any other document for that matter.

Now I digress to begin the Canada Day celebrations way too early! :laughing:

Borgi

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
That was a joke based on recent rulings by the court.
I just thought if it is a strong enough document it could stand on it's owm.

Sorry if I came off as an a$$ there Brian.....I didn't get the joke at first and I'm in a really bad mood today anyway. :mad::mad: Just tell me off when Im being a douche and we'll get along fine:laughing:

I feel the constitution can hold its own Brian.......but you remember the troublemakers to which I was referring. They would do anything they could to cause trouble and I just don't have the patience for that foolishness. :no:

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Sorry if I came off as an a$$ there Brian.....I didn't get the joke at first and I'm in a really bad mood today anyway. :mad::mad: Just tell me off when Im being a douche and we'll get along fine:laughing:
Not at all, I understood you completely.

I feel the constitution can hold its own Brian.......but you remember the troublemakers to which I was referring. They would do anything they could to cause trouble and I just don't have the patience for that foolishness. :no:
I would hope the union members could show them the errors of their ways.

·
IBEW L.U. 1852
5,261 Posts
I would hope the union members could show them the errors of their ways.
I would wish for the same , but as both you and I have spoken out against on here, we don't always have the best selection of union members on here.

For everyone of us who tries our best to represent the IBEW as the professional organization it is, who tries to show tolerance and understanding of everybody's point of view and who believes in professionalism in all aspects of this trade........we seem to have three of the jokers who are of the "all non-union is either a scab or a rat" mentality.

I don't always have faith in their type to not turn a discussion into a finger pointing shouting match. :laughing:

Reactions: cabletie
1 - 20 of 54 Posts