Electrician Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Hey I was just wondering if you guys could tell me where I could find a replacement power supply for the micrologix 1000 1761-L32BWA... Looked all over the internet, can't find one
That's likely because you might be looking for something that does not exist...

The ML1000 has a built-in power supply. YOUR model is designed for use on an AC system and will accept anything from 85-264VAC. Your INPUTS are 24VDC, Sink or Source, and there is a built-in 24VDC power supply with terminals for connecting them, so will not need another power supply for them.

The OUTPUTS however are relays, and you can use anything from 5VDC to 240VAC on them. If you want to use DC though the outputs however, you CANNOT use the built-in power supply of the ML1000, you will need a separate source for them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jraef, I know this. I'm looking for a replacement power supply because the current one is shorting out and blowing the Incoming power fuse every time power is applied to it. I'm looking for the internal power supply, not a separate external one.

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Oh.
It's not replaceable. You could however buy a used working PLC and swap it out if you are REALLY good at soldering. Those are mostly SMT boards so it is not going to be easy. Might be easier to just replace the whole thing, I would.

·
Premium Member
20,981 Posts
Since the Micrologix is cheap and disposable, I'm not sure why a guy would ever want to crack one open. Toss it and get a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.