Electrician Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Industrial Wireman. Hospital maintenance and construction.
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a post earlier about moving up as Foreman... However, I was thinking about getting out of construction. I'm just not sure it's entirely for me. I've only been in for 7 years and didn't get in till I was 30, however I've owned small companies and went to college in my early twenties etc.. I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that knows of different paths to take after becoming a Journeyman, NEC licensing, college, and a few credentials to go with it...?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would say it would depend upon your geographical location for there to be a lot of different opportunities.

How about teaching?
O boy... So from what I understand we have no real spots open at our apprenticeship school... Unless there are opportunities outside this....

·
Registered
Power distribution and controls
2,323 Posts
I do not get out much any more please tell me more about this NEC licensing?

The roads to happiness and satisfactions are many and varied.

I personally do not have a lot that I can hang on a wall and say I am certifiable for this or that.
Am able to tackle most jobs and smart enough to walk away from the ones where I am not a good choice.

certifiable was intentional

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not get out much any more please tell me more about this NEC licensing?

The roads to happiness and satisfactions are many and varied.

I personally do not have a lot that I can hang on a wall and say I am certifiable for this or that.
Am able to tackle most jobs and smart enough to walk away from the ones where I am not a good choice.

certifiable was intentional
[/QUOTEit is the masters license

1 - 10 of 10 Posts